Chapter 1: Lemme talk to you.

** Mike in the m/m.**

Nioncè

Waving goodbye to everyone around the exit I waited less than two minutes for my uber to pull up in front of the YMCA. Once I got in the car I kinda wished I had a different driver. I had this person before not that the service is bad I just don't feel up for small talk right now. That's sure enough what he did too.

I'm sure I look as tired as I feel why keep talking? And it's honestly only the male drivers that do this.

I've had two female drives that held a conversation with me during the short ride other than that it's just the men. I can't wait until my car gets out the shop in a little bit. The power steering was acting up so I took in last week and can pick it up today!

Anyway I have job number two to work on today as well. The Y is on shutdown for maintenance this week and I was the only one cleaning in my department so my boss told me to take my time.

I sure did. Didn't have to tell me twice. I didn't want to help with no painting anyway honestly.

I had the driver drop me off at the mechanics so I can get my baby. She sat there looking as clean as I left her. There was a bit of a wait so it took about fifteen to twenty minutes before I could even get my keys.

I'm pretty new here to North Carolina so I'm just know my basics. Home, work, and grocery store. I got a job down here as a babysitter at the YMCA and I also work for a plus size clothing store in a local popular mall. So far I love it here! It's so different from Indiana!

I'm glad that I packed the clothes I need for job number two and brought them with me. The wait at the auto shop put me on a little press for time and it takes about fifteen to thirty minutes for me to get to the mall anyway.

Graciously traffic wasn't bad and I made it there with time to spare. I went straight to the back and fresher up and changed in the bathroom before putting my things in my locker. I had about twenty minutes to kill before I had to clock in so I walked across to FootLocker and checked out some shoes. I needed some new ones for work. Nothing really caught my eye off first glance.

"Hello Beautiful, can I help you find something?" One of the sales reps gave a flirty smile. "I'm just browsing. Thank you though." I gave a polite smile hoping he'd leave me alone.

He's not ugly or anything, but he's not my type, firstly. Secondly, the way he was eyeing made me uncomfortable. He was looking at me as if I was a piece of meat and he hasn't eaten in decades. Maybe if he didn't do that I'd entertain his foolishness.

"Alright, if you need anything at all let me know and I got you Ma." I nodded and thanked him before taking a glance at my phone for the time. It was time for me to clock in.

Damn him, oh well.

Turning on my heels I headed back to my store slightly dodging the people who walked my direction. Actually looking at the posters and things up I noticed there is a big sale happening.

Damn it's gonna be busy as hell.

I'm so ready to get this shift over with!
______

So one of the girls that were supposed to come in couldn't make it so my store manager asked if I could stay until closing and me being me, I accepted.

Right now I'm on break at the food court before the restaurants close up. I decided to get a something for now and a little something for later. Munching on my two hot dog and fry combo I listened to whatever happened to play randomly on my phone.

Oh boy, you looking like you like what you see. Won't you come over and check up on it, I'm gon' let you work up on it. Ladies let em check up on it, watch it while he check up on it. Dip it, pop it, twerk it, stop it, check on me tonight.

Mid chew I decided to casually glance around. It felt like somebody was looking at me. Ignoring it I decided to finish off my food before throwing away my trash. I gathered my second order of food and rolled that bag up carrying it under my arm as I began to walk back.

"Aye yo' baby girl!" A voice hollered, but I paid it no mind. I figured no one was speaking so I continued to get lost in Beyoncé's Check On It. "Oh, come on ma. I just want to talk to you." I felt a hand grasp mine slightly shocking me. Turning to my left it was the guy from FootLocker.

"Can I help you?" I hummed removing my hand from his. I don't like random people just touching me.

"I'm sorry, Ma. I just wanted your attention. Listen, I think you're pretty as hell and I just want to talk and see where this goes," He spoke and I rose a brow. Not to be mean, but I already see this going nowhere. "I'm throwing this party tonight and I want you to come. Maybe we can exchange numbers and you can slide through." I looked at him for a moment before giving in.

"Okay..." I trailed off to get his name.

"Mike." He filled in.

"Okay, Mike. I'll come," I paused pulling out my phone and going to the Sideline app. I give this number out to people who I don't really care to contact. "What's your number?" I inquired listening closely as he recited the numbers. I sent him a text saying hi so he knew it was me.

"What's your name, Ma?" He hummed and I thought about giving him my middle name or a fake name. No one believes my name is Nioncè until they see my ID and even then they think it's fake.

"Nioncè." I responded waiting for the usual response. Usually they wonder if it's my birth given name or they assume it's fake. I don't know how my mother came up with my name. Obviously it's before the Beyoncé reign since I'm twenty-three years of age. Most people assume me or my mother are huge Beyoncé fans. I guess she was just creative.

"Is that your real name?" Told you.

"Yes, it is. Listen I have to go back to work. I'll see you later." I smiled as I backed away from him. "Oh okay, Nioncè. I'll text you the party info. See ya sexy." He winked with a wave. With a smile I nodded and turned on my heels to head back to work.

Three more hours and I can go!

Nine thirty finally rolled around and it was time to close up shop. As I cleaned I noticed that FootLocker workers were just now closing up and cleaning as well. That struck me kinda odd because they're usually gone before I can finish checking the twelve dressing rooms for sensors, and that does not take long.

Anyway I quickly counted the drawer and vacuumed the floor and let the store manager recount the drawers and signed the needed paperwork and finished up everything else we needed to before we could go ahead and leave.

"Thank you again for staying tonight! You're such a lifesaver!" Mya beamed making me smile as well. " it was no problem honestly. Have a good night, Mya." I waved as I neared my car. She waved and told me to have a good night as well before she got in her car as well.

As I put my bags in the backseat I checked my phone to see the usual notifications and a text from the Sideline app. Mike had sent me the address to the party and told me to tell the person at the door that Big Mike sent me. I replied with a simple okay before bringing my car to life and taking the E-Way home.

I haven't decided if I was actually going to the party, but I figure why not? I need to do something else beside work and be at home.