Wrath of Shadow [Chapter-II]

Magsimula sa umpisa

In renovation, they almost changed the structure of the first 10-story building. They also built another 3 buildings around the Simoun Building. From the past gothic color, they changed it into green and white, flitting with the influence of modern days. The main stairway going into the main building was long enough to keep you feet tired.

As Mesh walked toward the elevator, she felt someone was looking at her. She pushed the button up and heard the side window in the computer lab broke. She turned around momentarily and saw nothing.  She pushed the button million times. The elevator wasn’t working. Shocks.

She turned her head on the back and shuddered after seeing a shadow that dodgely came from the wall, stretching and loosening like an ink that scattered in the sky. It was forming like a snake. But no, it was not a snake. It hastily moved toward where her feet were, making a scary sound that soon altered into a grudgely cackle. She ran off to the stairs and found no one.

She was sweating and gasping, totally out of breath when she stopped at the front of Science Laboratory in the third floor. Mesh cried out when the scar on her neck suddenly causing a pain into death. She felt like it was burning. As she touched it by her right hand, the light turned off and she heard a sound like someone was being punched viciously by million times. There was a groan that made her goose bumps stood up.

A little later, the pain was vanishing and the light turned on. The freaking sounds stopped. Mesh’s eyes were half-opened, feeling releived that she was still alive. She carelessly tapped her forehead, thinking what that creepy shadow wants from her. It was obviously into her. She remembered the familiar mint soap she smelled when the light suddenly turned off.

“Where are you? --- What the hell is going on?” she bellowed. Yesterday’s night was still fresh to her, and then, another supernatural thing added on her heavy mind.

She stood-up lamely when Monica Demonier and Kim Pendelton, the 2 hypocrite mean girls, got into the scene. They’re wearing their, of course, the cheerios uniform. Monica was scnickering while she put her index finger on her lips, like she was saying, ‘let’s keep quiet, I think Meshy-the-paranoid is seeing some stupid ghost friend somewhere here.' Monica stood in front of me, crossing her arms and arching an eyebrow.

“Did we just interrupt you from talking to your shit friend? Ha! Ha!” she asked venomously, flitting her arms on her waists. “Tell your friend, we’re very sorry. We didn’t intend to cut your conversation. Oppps. No way! Where is she? Or I should ask, where is the sexy-hot-six-packers man? Is he that handsome?” Both of them chuckled when Mesh bowed her head.

“What the hell is going on?” Kim repeated, with a tone of sarcasm. “Why do you want to break-up with me, my llittle sweet bitchy honey? I gave you everything. Ooops, not my bras.”

“Not my red panty,” Monica added.

“Shut up!” Mesh whispered.

“Tell me, you haven’t seen my boobs right?” Monica frowned kiddingly, acting like they’re talking to someone. They said, Mesh's friend.

“I said shut up!” Mesh shouted and pulled Monica away. She fell out on the floor and her body slid on the shining new waxed floor for an inch, or two. Okay, 20-inch.

“Back off!” Kim scoffed, and hastily yanked off Mesh, grabbing her I.D lace. “Show us what you can do, paranoid!”

Mesh was speechless, quivering and almost felt defeated. It was not the very first time she’d been treated like this. She’s been living with it for a month. It started after she got the crown of Ms. MCHS and defeated the most liked girl in the campus, Myca. Mesh didn’t even know why she won the pageant. She’s not completely full-armed. It was just a joke, when majority of her classmates suggested her into their teacher.

Monica stood up and murmured voicelessly. She wiped the dirty dust and waxes on her cheerios unform. She scooted toward Mesh and suddenly gripped her hand onto Mesh’s neck. Kim stepped backward, watching what would be the next move of Monica.

Mesh hoped the shirtless man would come up and save her again. She knew it was him. Again. She was sure it’s the same soap and presence. She thought it was more better if he protected her not in the shadow, but to these two young girls who were making fun of her.

“That will be your biggest mistake hella crap! No one ever tried to pull me out, or touch my cheerios', because they knew exactly what I could do. And you! You just break the record. You deserve a clap!” She turned her head and transmitted a mental message to her pity psychic friend, ‘Give her a clap, bitch!’

She tightened her hand on Mesh’s neck and dragged it down on the floor. She felt the pain on her shoulder when it whacked agaisnt the solid tiled-floor. Ouch! She closed her eyes by the time it was getting more painful.

Mesh felt flying when she knew someone was carrying her.

to be continued ...