"I did" Liam interrupts him smiling at the waiter and thanking him.

"You didn't come here for a business deal, did you?"

Liam stays quiet for a moment then speaks up, "No ... I wanted to see you"

"So you're stalking me now?" Zayn raises his eyebrows and Liam is quick to reply.

"No! I ... I just missed you, and I-" Zayn crosses his arms over his chest and leans back in his chair. "I just wanted to see you. I'm sorry if I did that, but it was the only way I could get to you-"

"You could've called"

"And you would allow me to?" Zayn looks down, "Exactly"

"What do you want, Liam?" Zayn runs a hand through his hair then goes for the glass of water when Liam catches his hand placing it between his own.

"You" Zayn takes a deep breath and closes his eyes.

"We had this talk before, Liam"

"I know, but I can't! I'm not even focusing on my job! I'm not focusing on anything at all! All I think about is you!"

"That's a first" Zayn replies calmly, "Now you know how I used to feel"

"I'm sorry! And I know that words aren't enough. But I swear, babe. I'll-"

"You'll what?" Zayn interrupts, "Make things better?" Liam opens his mouth to speak but Zayn shakes his head, "You miss me? When you didn't even try to make time for me before? Liam I barely saw you, and you were alright. Think of it like you're on a business trip ... A longer one"

"I had someone to return to, but now-"

"Liam, stop" Zayn takes another deep breath, "I'm not coming back no matter what you say"

"What changed so much?"

"My love for you did" Zayn returns his gaze to Liam's.

"You still love me. You said it yourself"

"Not anymore. You did own my heart before, but as time went by, the part that you owned started to shrink until there is no more left. My heart doesn't belong to you anymore"

Liam stares at him for a while then sighs, "So he owns it now?"

"I love him"

"You told me that before" he mumbles.

"What's your point in all of this?" Zayn raises his voice slightly.

"What makes you so sure that you'll last?"

"He is not you. And even if we didn't work out I'll never return to you!" Zayn raises his voice more as he retreats his hands from Liam's grip.

"You think he won't accept the opportunity to own more? You think if he had a chance to be someone like me he won't?" Zayn furrows his eyebrows together, "He will" Liam leans forward, "Because he loves you. And he would use every chance he gets to make you live a better life. A life that he can't be in all of the time"

"If you ever dare to come close to Harry, I swear to god-"

"I won't. I didn't" Liam says truthfully. "But I'm just telling you how life works" Zayn glares at him, "So is he good?" Zayn stares at him in disbelief.

"Are you honestly asking me about that? How low did you go?" Zayn stands up.

"I lost you. I must be digging deep"

Zayn turns to leave but stops in his tracks facing Liam once more, "He is good, he is perfect. And I love him. And I would appreciate that you stay the hell out of my and his way, or next time you'll have blood on your face. Goodbye, Liam"