They looked at each other and smiled.  Tia laced her hand with Levi when I saw the diamond on her finger.  Seeing it the beautiful ring made my stomach drop.  “Excuse me for a moment I forgot something” I said as I stood up and smiled apologetically and headed back to my room.

I felt Christian following me as he shut the door to my room. 

“I knew this was a bad idea” he growled angrily.  “That moron didn’t want to hear it but I just knew it was a bad idea to come here” he growled pacing the room. 

I sat on the bed fighting the tears.  I wasn’t angry I was just sad….Tia was wearing his grandmothers engagement ring that I always thought would be mine…. And now.. it wasn’t.

I sat there in silence as a solitaire tear slid down my cheek.

“Claudette look at  me” Christian whispered.

He crouched in front of me on his knees and moved me to position himself in-between my legs. I could feel his toned body snug against my hips. Having him this close made my heart beat increase and my throat closed up.

“Don’t cry, he’s not the right one for you.. You are beautiful and strong and amazing… you will find someone who will be perfect and adore you” he said wiping my cheek.  I stared into his soft brown eyes as his dimples deepened with his sad smile.  His muscles straining against his white shirt as his arms slid up and down mine in a comforting manner.  Hearing those words roll off his lips caused me to shiver in excitement.   My inner wolf was preening at the praise coming from him.

“You really think that?” I whispered.

I leant forward and let him wrap his arms around me into a tight and warm hug.  “You’re a princess and your drop dead gorgeous, I KNOW that” he replied 

He thinks I'm gorgeous?? No no he’s being  polite I thought to myself as I shook my head to clear those thoughts.

“Thanks Christian, I don’t know what I would do without you…” I said softly.

“I will always ALWAYS be here for you Claudette” he said as he nuzzled my neck gently brushing his lips against my skin.  The sensation of feeling him this close caused my wolf to howl internally….. Hurry up and turn 18 already, we need to find our mate…. Or mark a mate and soon my wolf whined inside my head.

“Not always….I want you to find your mate soon too” I said as I pulled myself back.

He placed his warm hand on my cheek and caressed it gently.  “what if I want you as my mate” he whispered huskily.  I couldn’t help but stare at him in shock, I know growing up I used to have the biggest crush on him but never thought he looked at me like that...  His eyes kept glancing down at my lips as he slowly inched closer.  I closed my eyes waiting for his soft lips to meet mine…..

“OVER MY DEAD BODY” Dante roared as he broke down the door to the room and ripped Christian away from me.