"goodbye, j-joshua." the young boy blew a kiss to the red haired boy, in return he motioned himself capturing it and placing his hand over his heart.

before he could get a worded response, the brunette quickly closed the door behind him. he inhaled the fresh morning air and carefully made his way down the pathway before the household. the sound of chirping birds and blowing trees sang to him, a sweet melody he couldn't get enough of. he'd fantasise about it every morning when he had woken up, the simple taste of strong coffee down his throat. flipping over the pages of his favorite book, memorising ever single word. the feeling of when he would draw a straight line with a sharp pencil, or decorate a blank canvas with his paints. his fingers siding across smooth wood, admiring the ancient paintings on the walls. those were things he would partake in every day, and he would never get bored of it.

but the feeling of walking down the street before the sun had fully risen, watching school children run with their parents, teenagers sprint out of local stores, was something he had grown out of. he was so used to living a laid back lifestyle, waking up in the morning and taking a long bubble bath. but now he would wake up, and take quick showers. which never made him feel as if he were fully clean, because he was in a rush, therefore making it harder to focus on cleansing your body.

as he strolled down the familiar streets of the small village he had spent his whole life exploring, the shop keepers that stood behind their counters would either congratulate him for his artwork that had been printed in the newspaper or shun him for the clothes he decided to wear. the harsh words were something he had become used to, so in no way would it affect him. the sweet words joshua would say to him in his ear when he was crying in the middle of the night would play on repeat in his head, and that way, he knew that somebody cared for him.

the wind continued to blow in his face, making it harder for him to keep his eyes open. the leaves that fell from the trees flew around in the air, the cold temperature made the brunette shiver underneath his bomber, as the shirt he was wearing provided little coverage. the sound of his trainers hitting the concrete pavement blocked out the shouts that came from mouths of innocent children, fingers laced with their over-protective parents. the sight made the younger boy wonder what he had done, other than be conceived, to his mother that caused him to have such an unhealthy relationship with her.

he had not seen her since was of age, as she attempted to surprise him. that surprise ended up with him kicking her out of his home after a lengthy speech in which she tried to explain that she had changed. but tyler knew people better than that, he knew how they worked, how they thought, as he spent many nights dwelling upon the actions that the human species would do. and he knew that this woman, as much as she pleaded, had not changed one bit.

slight mention of abuse

the countless times that his father had tried to deem her a respectable figure in his life was insane, for she was the woman who had landed harsh slaps to her son as a way to express her anger instead of his father as it was easier to cover up the bruises on the young boy's skin. she was the one whom had opened up her six year old's eyes to the brutal reality of the planet earth, with a simple hand against his cheek, he knew of the lengths people would take to ruin another's life. he experienced it first hand, and has done for the past nineteen years of his lonesome life.

why had she not been the one to hold her young boy close and tell him she was sorry, hold his hand when crossing the busy streets, control his life to the point where his uneducated self could not leave the house to play with the children whom he liked to label as his friends, yet they were only animals as he could not bring himself to socialise. the only way the boy knew how to socialise was with hatred words, and fresh marks of abuse.