The Gleeman & the Boy

.

Within a long duration, human beings had been perplexed and frustrated for seeking the unknown beings of the universe. In some extent, it's because they had invested enormous time and effort and got nothing in reward. However, the countless stars interpenetrate like rivers in such boundless universe — we couldn't be the only one sailing in this aquatorium, could we? The whole universe isn't lifeless at all.

Undoubtedly, Tony was such a nerd, he was sorta quiet and serious—- at least seems to be uptight. But deep down, he was always dreaming. While fantasising about the images of the various extraterrestrial beings, he would be speechlessly looking up the deep blue, starry sky. He was the youngest boy of his family; all of his sisters had been grown up. Although, he had a older brother, John, who was almost of the same age with him—— but they couldn't really get along well due to the interests difference. He could only stay alone, fiddle with his astronomical telescope which was given by his father to explore the mystery starry sky in spare time. Mentally precocious, he believed there must be extraterrestrial intelligence somewhere in the universe, scientists hadn't found though.

"Teachers must have been joking. It is vain that scientists had labored this hard, even wanted to try some bloody theories to prove it that there must be something on the planet Kepler-186f. Perhaps there are even no flies. "

"It is better to resolve the lack-of-energy issue than keep putting so much efforts in seeking the outer space."

"But it was said that this planet is covered by water and rocks, and similar in size to the planet earth." Tony added, cautiously, almost like whispered.

"Anthony, how do you even believe in those bullshits? Can't you see those astronauts got literally nothing after the so-called adventures?"

"Maybe someday I'll make it." A very tall boy with light brown hair said. "We can leave this bloody place together!"

"Come on... Mike."

Mike and Tony were classmates, but well...In every respect, they were so different although they were good friends. Mike hated teachers and school; he wanted to quit it almost every day. His father, a well-respected captain, wanted him to join the navy. Because of the fantasy that Tony made, he was now having an idea of punching his way out of the atmosphere.

Tony didn't answer it, he left some formulas and the actual conditions of that planet they had mentioned previously, and even the way for astronauts arriving it. He seemed pretty confident about his own theory, but his classmates were all laughing at his stubbornness—— because even the most intelligent professors couldn't make it, how could he make it? They hadn't even found the extraterrestrial beings, how these theories could be proved.

"I believe in you." Mike said to the smaller boy, innocently.

"But you even wanted to kill our physics teacher!" Tony said caustically. "So how can you believe what I said which was taught by her?"

And then everyone laughed.

As usual, after finished all of his tasks, Tony sat by the window, took his telescope, started his new explorations. While fixing at the deep blue firmament, he noticed there was a star just fell in front of his scene. That was an unusual meteor —— its colour changed from cobalt blue to red while falling over from the above, and there is no report said it will be meteor shower recently. It must be something extraordinary and there is no coincidence.

Oddly, astronomical observatory didn't even report this event after that. Seemed it's an exclusive news for him, but he knew he had no proof to prove his new discovery.

And he prepared for another exploration at that night. He entered the room, just got to light the lamp to take his instruments for seeking. But there was a pair of white beams scared him out of the hell, he almost screamed but was afraid to wake his family up. But after all he was an atheist, he didn't believe that was a devil or a deity.

"Don't be scared, kido, I'm not going to hurt you."

Sounds like every sinister said in those horror movies, Tony thought ridiculously.

And behind the beams there was a... pair of huge batwings and a dark shadow, this unknown being rambled something he couldn't understand—— this literally was not some languages from his mother planet called the earth.

Thinking about the new discovery of last night on his own, but then he mused this is something those scientists seeking for ages, couldn't be founded by an inexperienced young school boy. And possibly, this unknown being had very high intelligence.

According to the etiquettes of this planet, I should introduce myself first..well". This 'alien' just came out from the curtain. Tony was startled, stepped back a bit, felt extremely nervous, but suddenly was appealed to the uncommon beauty of this creature —- he was about 6 feet tall, had a similar kind of face to human beings, but the skin tone was spotlessly white —- just like the moon. The skin which was around his orbits, was source of the beams. His eyes were exactly like human's, and they were electric-blued.

"I just read book. The main character was called Peter, so you could call me Peter —- because I think I am just like him a lot —- I can fly, too! Sorry, I am just joking, but that's my real name anyway, Peter Gabriel, the exact-translated name in a human language. Well, considering you are a human, I'd better do as the Romans do."

But for Tony, Peter, this ethereal being, just liked the Gabriel archangel in the Bible.

"But why me? I mean how could you find me? Sorry I forgot to introduce myself, Anthony Banks, you can just call me Tony."

"Why found you, right? Er... I think it was because no one did really notice me except you, you had been watching my spaceship through your telescope."

"Where it is?"

"It had some accidents, it's already fixed anyway, just relocated on your rooftop." Peter said, half-jokingly.

"Oh..." Tony frowned.

"I'm so sorry... "

"Why?"

"Because of I just located my spaceship on your rooftop without permission... If I didn't cause any trouble then... " Peter pretended to be nervous.

"Anyway, I really wished my house is the Space Agency. But why you had to find someone had been looking at you, don't tell me you're going to kidnap me."

"Paranoid." He used one of his wings to pad Tony's narrow shoulder, faintly. "It has been an endless journey, and there was just me, I would have been lonely."

"So, you are searching for a partner? But still sounds very suspicious."

"Human beings are more cautious than the other aliens, seems more like to sweat, too." Peter said, while looked at Tony who was still holding his guard, up and down, more like appraised. "I'd better travel alone, bright stars all over the sky, everything is uncertain. Human beings are the most fragile creatures I have ever seen: radiation, chemical pollution and viruses— these trifles could easily take their lives. Compared to my arduous trip, you are unqualified.

Tony stared at this proud stranger, with the look of suspicion.

"In the faraway the Ring Nebula— if you human name it as the Ring, there is a planet which is covered by millions of the volcanoes. The aborigines could dance around on those volcanoes. I'm sure human beings couldn't do that."

"And then anything else?" Tony's curiosity had been aroused by this stranger; his nervousness was just taken by his desire of new knowledge.

"Well, this just began with my mother planet, we called ourselves as Watchers."

Tony sat by the desk, started to listen to this beautiful alien's tales, which was told by his singing. Tony thought, he was just like a gleeman from the heaven. He wondered, if Peter was actually Apollo from the Greek mythology.

Some unknown interval of time passed, he fell asleep unwittingly on his desk. Peter carried the Adonis to his bed, gently kissed his cute cheek, and suddenly breezed out.

When the dawn just awoke Tony again, he still thought it probably has been a wonderful dream. But then he saw that there was a note wrote in English left on the desk: "My story hasn't been finished; I'll come again tomorrow—- the singer of the planet Watcher, Peter Gabriel."