"I know, mommy not gonna hurt you no more, I promise." Ajayy assured , oblivious to what Addie really just told him.

"You promises mommy ?" Addie peaked tumbling on her words.

She could never stay mad at her mother more then a few minutes no matter what her mother did, and vice versa.

"I promise baby."She held out
her pinky for Addie to link with.

Addie jumped from her father's to her mother's arms, she loved them both equally.

"I love you fat fat." She kissed her forehead, and softly ran her fingers through Addie's smooth coiled hair.

"I love you too mommy. "she grabbed her mommy's face with her tiny palms and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"You're so silly baby." Lauren and Ajayy shared a laugh at Addie's antics.

"Daddy don't get no love?" Ajayy questioned.

-

After dropping a few of her due papers off at school, Lauren decided she would ride around and look for Wayne.

Getting off onto Moreland avenue Lauren headed down a familiar street.

Turning off the car as she reached her destination, Lauren's heart raced. She tightly gripped the steering wheel as she tried to calm herself down.

"You can do this." She prepared herself. "You'll be fine.

She was afraid of what the outcome of her finding Wayne would be? Would he harm her for "being all up in his business.", Or would he be already harmed himself from being in the streets.

Finally being able to get a grip Lauren exhaled before removing her hands from the steering wheel and unbuckling her seatbelt.

After making sure she locked her car's door twice she began to search the poverty struct complex.

Babies whose only clothing were diapers ran shoeless as there mothers roamed the streets trying to figure out how they'd be able to pay this month's bills, and feed their children.

As she walked all eyes were on her everyone could clearly tell she didn't belong there, not because of her attire because by the looks of some of the women out there you would assume they had a stable income and home to live in, not a ran down, roach infested income based apartment while on the other hand their children looked like no one loved them. Lauren stood out because of the fear that resonated her body. You could see it from a mile away.

"Wonder what that young hoe doing out here?" One women who's bills were paid by her body commented to her friend who's life involved the same activity.

"She probably trying to still our customers." She shook her head sizing Lauren. "Look at the way she walking, all det' twist in ha lil' hips, I know she selling. " The women jealously inferred.

Lauren continued walking until she came across the apartment that Wayne usually hung out at. Tucking her hair behind her ear she started to knock on the bullet hole pierced door but before she could knock on the door it swung open.