Chapter. 1

“Don’t get me wrong, but I am totally disturbed,” I tell my best friend Madison, taking a sip of my sprite, only to be welcomed by ice. 

“You should be. There are things in life people should find disturbing, my crush on the most disgusting guy in school being one of them,” Madison replies, shrugging. “I am so sorry to not be able to control my hormones-“I stop her there, holding up my hand. If you met Freddy you would understand automatically. 

He’s just awkward. The way he walks, talks, laughs, smiles. He’s just an awkwardly born and raised human being. He could be cute if he dropped his whole life style. Maybe. 

I hear a group of people and see Anthony first. God he makes my heart melt. He’s just so … gorgeous. I dunno. Normally I’m not shallow. Normally I can look at him and flat out say ‘he’s a jackass, a jerk and a womanizer’ but I swear I am so just, into him. I hate it. I really do. He’s wanted by practically the whole school – seniors included- and here I am, the generic nerdy girl. Madison always says I’ll look gorgeous without my glasses and that normally brown eyes are butt ugly but mine aren’t. She also says Freddy is a gorgeous human being so I’m not sure what to believe anymore from her. Anthony’s friends are the jerks I was talking about before. They’re beyond annoying. They always play jokes on people like me. It sounds like a superficial thing; the popular jerks make fun of the nerdy girl but seriously. They laugh so hard every time one of them makes some joke. They’ll make suggestive comments that I know are jokes. I’ve seen 

Carrie, I’m not about to accept a popular guys request to go to a dance. 

“Are you staring at him?” Madison says, giving me a look. 

“Sorry but …”

“Oh don’t do that to me! You’re the sane one. You’re supposed to keep your head on straight while I’m off in fantasy land-”

God his lips look really soft. 

“Seriously?” 

I wonder if he knows I’m looking at him. He glances in my direction and does that little head nod guys do before sitting with his friends in the booth. I nearly melt. Nearly.

“I am seriously tempted to leave.” She says, crossing her arms. “I can go back to my shift right now.” 

Madison works at the pizza parlor we’re at right now, and that almost all of my high school spends they’re time at. Dino’s is infamous for bad pizza but amazing low prices on soda. 

“Sorry,” I tell her quickly, blushing. 

“Ohmygod you were thinking about him!” She nearly yells. 

I turn a bright tomato red.

“Shut up, shut up, shut up!” I snap, before acting into the shape of cup. My heart is racing. What if he heard? What if their table heard? 

“What? I am being totally serious. You have to stop spending all your time thinking about him,” she brings her voice down. 

“I don’t think you actually like Freddy then, because he should be the only thing on your mind,” I snap at her,

“Chill your balls,” Madison grumbles. 

“Oh shut up,” I tell her. 

We both sit in silence for a little before looking at each other and cracking up. We can’t stay mad at each other for very long. We’ll go into an argument – mostly about the male population of our school – and then two seconds later be laughing about something totally crazy and stupid. Like looking at each other. Our relationship is totally twisted. Like we’ll call each other bitch in a loving manner or something and everyone just kind of looks at us like we’re on crack.