Chapter 19

Chapter 19;

Kate p.o.v

We'd not rushed up this morning, being too damn lazy to get out of bed. We'd woken up at stupid o'clock in the morning and decided that we should probably get changed into pajamas and go to bed.

The only reason we had got up now is because we were both absolutely starving.

Eric had gone to the toilet and I'd gone to put the kettle on. I'd been standing there for a few seconds when I felt a pressure on my shoulder.

I turned my head slightly and saw a shirtless Eric grinning as he kissed my shoulder. "Mmm."

His mouth moved up to my neck as I spoke. "The last few days were fun. It was nice to finally meet your family."

"As much fun as it was, could we not talk about them now?" he hummed into my collar bone.

"Oh, I so agree." I replied, rather breathless. I turned around and we were just getting a bit carried away when the doorbell rang.

"Ignore it." Eric murmured as his lips traveled up to my lips. Hmm, as tempting as that was ...

"It might be important." I sighed, pulling away. I was wearing my football shirt and pajama bottoms, so I was decent enough to open the door but Eric was only in his boxers, distracting me with his body.

"Are you sure?" He whispered just as the bell rung again.

"Kate! It's your parents. We know you're in sweetheart, we can see the car." Mum called.

"Shit!" I whispered. "They aren't supposed to be back until tomorrow evening!" I panicked. "Get dressed, quick!" They had gone away to a spa or something.

"Just coming!" I shouted in the general direction of the front door. "I'll get rid of them, but keep quiet." I paused from my fretting and looked towards Eric, hating the look of disappointment on his face.

"I'm so sorry, I hate this." I quickly kissed him, only to be broken off by another impatient knock.

I sprang down the stairs and to the front door, composing myself before awnsering it with a smile. "Hey mum, dad. I thought you were away until tomorrow?" I tried to sound casual, and I hope I succeeded.

"We came back earlier as we were missing you so much." Mum smiled. I faked a smile, trying to think how to get rid of them.

"Do we get a cuppa, then?" Dad asked.

"Oh, actually I was just on my way out." I lied.

"In your pajamas? Pull the other one, sweetheart!" He laughed as he walked through the doorway, mum following.

"Wait!" I shouted. Dad carried on but Mum gave me an 'are you ok?' look. I followed behind dad into the livingroom - where I left Eric - and waited for the inevitable shouting.

I watched in shock as he sat on the sofa, completely unaware.

Mum joined him, asking for a tea. "Uhh, sure." I was relieved - Eric must have thought to go into the bedroom. I was just putting the kettle on when mum called to me.

"Darling, who's shoes are these?" Oh no! "Have you got your boyfriend over?" I ran into the living room, hoping to god that dad wouldn't get up and look for him.

"What did I say about having strange men over, sweetheart?" He joked. I didn't awnser so he continued. "So, we assume he's still here?

"Umm ... no. He left earlier and wore his work shoes. I guess he forgot these ones." I lied, looking at Eric's trainers by the coffee table.

"What a shame, we'd love to meet him." Mum smiled, having no idea how close they really were to meeting him.

Just as I thought this, Eric's mobile rang from the bedroom. It was loud enough to be heard in the livingroom, and I panicked.

"Thought you said he'd left? Well, now's as good a time as any to meet him!" He'd suddenly got up and bounded out of the room, towards the bedroom before I could stop him.

"Dad, stop!" I shouted as I sprang after him. My heart stopped in my chest as he swung the bedroom door open.

Stood there was Eric - jeans on and pulling on his tshirt, hair still wild around his face. He froze, eyes going huge. Dad literally started shaking.

"You?!" He bellowed. I had seen him this angry only once, and it had not ended well.

"Look, sir-" were the only words Eric spoke before dad moved. He lunged for him and I heard mum squeak before I got in dad's path, in front of Eric.

"Dad!" I shouted. He'd stopped, and I saw that he was red with rage and shaking.

"You and him?" He snarled. "After we warned you! You know better than to get involved with the likes of him - he's no damn good!"

"Yes, we're seeing each other. I don't judge people based on thier 'status' or how much money they have!"

I was shouting now, scared witless. Behind me, Eric had managed to put his tshirt on completely and quickly moved me behind him, even though I protested very strongly.

Anyone who stood up to my dad when he was pissed off obviously has nerves of steel - and Eric wasn't even shaking!

"Look, sir, I know it's a shock but-"

Eric was cut off as my dad grabbed the front of his tshirt and slammed him hard against the wall.

Eric groaned, trying his best to fight dad off but not having much luck - dad was very well built for his age.

"You don't say a word!" He raised his fist and I knew instantly that I had to act quickly.

"Dad!" He stopped dead before he could do anything and oh so slowly turned his head to look at me. "Let him go!"

"Why should I?" He addresed me, still holding Eric against the wall.

"Because I love him!" I screamed, not caring (in that moment) that we'd only said it to each other a few times.

Eric's face transformed into a huge smile despite the situation, but dad's contorted with what can only be described as disgust.

Dad cursed before doing as I asked, slamming Eric agaisnt the wall more than necessary.

"Now I want you to leave." I told him, deadly serious. He gave me a 'what the hell' look before mum grabbed the back of his coat.

"Stephen! Don't be stupid. Walk, now." Amazingly, he did - Mum is the only one who dad had ever listened to. Once he was outside the room, mum turned to me.

"I'm really not happy about this, Kate," she gestured to Eric. "But we'll talk about it when we're all a lot calmer.

And with that, they were gone, leaving Eric and I stood alone in my room.

Looks like the honeymoon period is over then.