~Prologue~

Reader POV

It was a hot summer day when you, your big brother and your father arrived at the new house you were going to live in. It was kinda smaller than your last house, but it was only natural after your family was reduced by one person. Your mother died by an car accident three months ago. Nobody was able to live in this house anymore, because everything reminded you of your beloved mother and wife. That's why your father decided to move far away from the familiar environment to a strange city. "I'm going to take all our stuff inside, so the two of you can go and explore the area. But don't go too far away. You need to find the way back home if it gets dark." Your father told. "Oh and Mika... please take care of your sister, [f/n]!" "Yes~!" The two of you were already running down the street. The area ,you moved, in seemed to be friendly and clean. It was a little housing complex with a lot of expensive looking houses.

Nearby you could hear children screaming and laughing. "Mika-nii, did you hear that? Let's go looking!" The voices of children made you curious and also your brother wanted to know where those noises came from. So you both followed the sound of the screams and laughter until you got to a playground. There were several swings, a little carousel and a sandbox. Two girls were sitting in the carousel while a boy was spinning it. He stopped when he saw you and your brother. When you realized that you were noticed, you hid behind your elder brother, who got a bit nervous by himself. The boy from the carousel headed your way. His chocolate-brown hair was wet because of his sweat, but his face revealed a bright smile. "Hello, my name is Oikawa Tooru. You can call me Tooru though. I'm eight years old and I live nearby. Nice to meet you." The boy, called Tooru, stretched out his hand to your brother. "Uhm... [l/n] Mikage, but just call me Mika. Also eight years old", your brother responded as he shook Tooru's hand. Then Tooru bent down to get on your eye height. "And who are you, little miss?" Too shy to answer, you grabbed the tail of your brothers T-shirt. "Oh... that's my little sister, [f/n]. She's actually six.", your brother responded instead of you. "She is very shy when meeting new people so please don't take it personal", he added. Tooru looked at you with an interested look in his face. "So you're [f/n]-chan, right? Nice to meet you." "N-n-nice to m-meet you...", you stuttered. It was almost impossible to hear you, but Tooru did.

"Hey, Oikawa! Asuka-chan and Chiyo-chan want you to return to the carousel!", another boy suddenly shouted. "Iwa-chan! Are you already back?", the brown-haired boy asked. The boy who was called Iwa-chan by Tooru smiled. He held something in his hands, but you couldn't tell what it exactly was. But you could tell one thing: It was moving! "I've found a stag beetle!", he proudly told, while he presented the fat bug. You started to scream because of the view of this little animal. "Huh...? What...? Oh, sorry! Did I scare you?" The dark-haired boy took the stag beetle into the pocket of his jeans. Then he eyed your brother until his sight fell on you. "Are you new? I've never seen you before", he noticed. "Yeah... we just moved here", your brother replied. "That's Mika-chan and this little lady is [f/n]-chan", Tooru explained while pointing at you two. The unknown boy introduced himself as Iwaizumi Hajime, but it was okay to call him by his first name, Hajime. He was at the same age as Tooru and your brother. "I'm going back to Asuka-chan and Chiyo-chan. Do you wanna join us?" You and your brother nodded and the four of you headed to the carousel where you met Asuka and Chiyo who were luckily two girls in your age. You played the whole day together and even forgot that it turned dark. When you noticed that it's time to go home, you could hear your father calling for you and your brother. But also a women's voice which was calling out Hajime's name. Sou you, Mika and Hajime said goodbye to the other three kids who were also about to go. Then you ran after the voices and found your father and the woman who turned out to be Hajime's mother. When you went home, you realized that Hajime was actually your neighbor. You could catch sight of Hajime's room right toward yours and the fact that there was no big space between your houses, could make it possible to climb through your windows into the room of each other. And you did this several times which surprised your parents to your fun.

Since then, you and your brother played every day with the two boys and sometimes, Asuka and Chiyo also shown up. The six of you were in the same elementary school, but in middle school, your ways seperated a bit. Asuka and Chiyo went to a girls' school, while you, your brother, Tooru and Hajime went to Kitagawa Daiichi Junior High. Tooru and Hajime started to play Volleyball in a club, while you joined the music club to play the piano. Your brother had no interest in club activities, so he was the first who headed home. You shared your way home with Hajime and sometimes also with Tooru, when he wasn't currently busy with some fangirls. But it was okay for you, because you enjoyed Hajime's attention when you both went home. That's the time when you started to like Hajime more than normal friends did.