Chapter 1 -The Crash

As I roll over, the sunshine creeps in through the gap between the in the curtains, the warm Chicago sun was shining bright for 5.30am. I stretch out only to find the right side of my bed miserable and cold. I grab the pillow and bring to close to my chest, it still smells like him, I inhale deeply and throw the pillow across the room. It's been 2 weeks since he left, it's over. The man I thought I would turn old and grey with is gone and not coming back. "I HAVE TO GET OVER HIM" I screamed. I climb out of bed and over to the curtains, opening them. The room floods with light and a brilliant view from my bedroom could be seen. Lake Michigan, the brilliant wonder that it was and by far the most beautiful place in world. I do this every morning; It makes me joyful and gets my day off to a happy start.

A very long day, 24 hour shifts - this is my life. I spend most of my time at the firehouse. It's like a massive family home, everybody's got everybody's else's back. We all have a laugh and it's a honour to work with all the brilliant firefighters and paramedics in Firehouse 51.

It has always been my dream to be a paramedic, to help people on a daily basis. I see lots of amazing things working on ambulance 61 and I wouldn't change it for the world.

5 Hours into a 24 hour shift me and my partner, Daniel Jackson, had already attended to 12 calls. We were on our way to the 13th, car crash, victims Unknown.

"I need a holiday, just a weekend away to get away from all of this James crap." I told Jackson

"I know what you mean, that girl ummm Claire..." He said

"Hannah" I laughed

"Yea, that one won't get off my case; I mean she won't stop calling me." He replied

"Maybe if you stop calling her when you are bored, she would stop calling you! Stop with the late night booty calls." I laughed.

Daniel Jackson, tall, dark and handsome, brilliant friend, always up for a laugh but honestly, he's such a player! He has always got a different girl on his arm each time I look at him.

"Well, I like booty calls and it has to be random girls that I'm not into because the girl that I want is way too stubborn." He laughed.

"Oh yea who is this then?" I joked

I knew he was me. He had always joked that I'm the love of his life but I'd never been single until now...

"Well she's a blonde, tall around 5,8, pretty face, crystal blue eyes, you might know her - Her name is Spencer Wilson." He laughed

Maybe I could once, just to get over James....

"Oh! I think I do she's a paramedic right." He asked

NO, I shouldn't be thinking these things! I shouldn't get over James with Jackson. I spend 24 hours with him. It wouldn't work, it's crazy.

"Wilson, Wilson.' Jackson shouted.

Snapping out of my thoughts I replied to him, "What" I said.

"Your phone, someone has texted you" he told me,

"Thank you." I said sweetly.

-Emily-
I worked out what we could do this weekend..... VEGAS, and you can't say no. I booked the tickets and we are off on Friday! Xxxxxxx