20

"Babe?" Daveed called.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"What are you doing? Like right now."

"Well..." My phone buzzed on the table. I picked it up.

"Apparently, I'm going over to Pippa's  for Tony dresses."

"Have fun?" 

"Trust me, I don't think its gonna be that fun. What did you need though? I have a bit before Pippa starts calling to ask where I am. So what's up?" I ask, getting up off the couch. 

"Oh, I just need some help packing." He calls and I head towards our room, leaning on the door frame. "Did Noah get to school OK?" I nod and smile at him. Recently, Noah and Daveed have hanging out more which makes me happy. They are both the most important men in my life and I need them to get along. 

"Lots of shorts and t-shirts. Its hot as hell out there." Daveed throws the two Oakland shirts in his hands on the bed and walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my shoulder. 

"I don't leave for like weeks and I already miss you." He mumbles. 

"You haven't left yet. You have time. Quit thinking about leaving. It isn't happening for weeks. We have the Tony's, which are going to be amazing and you have a few weeks between then and your last show. Just keep thinking about now. And how disastrous this room is." I laughed and he lifted his head to press a kiss to my forehead. 

"Stop laughing. I'll clean it up after I'm done. Promise." I nod and step over piles of various clothing items, making my way to our closet. I pulled off Daveed's shirt that was serving as my pajama top and wiggled out of my athletic shorts. I sorted through my shirts until I found my cream colored San Fran skyline t-shirt. When I pulled it over my head, I turned to the room where I knew my shorts were. I spotted them across the room and carefully picked my way across the room. I caught Daveed's eyes as I finally got the shorts in my hands. 

"What?"

"You're just so beautiful." I blushed and ducked my head, slipping on my shorts. 

I kissed him on the way to the bathroom, giving him the space to continue packing. I brushed through my hair and pulled it back in a Dutch braid and put on natural makeup, clasping the necklace with my aunts ring on it around my neck. 

I exited the bathroom one I was satisfied with my appearance and headed back to the disaster area to grab my bag. "I'm heading over to Pippa's. Love you." I kissed him and he waved as I headed back into the hallway.  

I grabbed a granola bar out off the counter and headed out of the apartment, texting Noah that he has a dentist appointment after school and that I'd be there to pick him up. I caught a cab to Pippa's, checking in with Lin trying to figure out if I needed to watch Sebastian. New York traffic made the ride longer than it could've been. I paid the fare and got out, warm air surrounding me.

I waved at the doorman and made my way in, taking in my surroundings. The elevator doors opened in Pippa's apartment and her fiancé switched places with me. "Couldn't handle the amount of female energy in the room?"

"Want to be surprised. Have fun." He salutes me and I wave back, laughing. Someone grabs me around the shoulders.

"Are you ready for this?" Pippa asks, turning me to where Renée and Jasmine were standing by racks of gorgeous dresses, sorting through them.

"Oh dear lord." I breathed out and a woman who's name I learned was LeAnn came to measure me.

She hands me three dresses, two blue and one sea green.