Chapter Nine

He seemed to her so sweet, tender and gentle. She sat in the car sleeping soundly. It had been about two or three months now. They had been on there way to another one of her therapy sessions, then after that a couple's pregnancy therapy session. She had been humming in her sleep and Derek then touched her hand.

She had seemed to just forget about her ex-husband. Technically she was still married to him but in her mind, and the minds of everyone else, they were no longer together. Until he was found then she would be still married, and he still had legal rights.

Derek wasn't going to ask her till after she had the baby and when they had caught the guy.

'That may take longer then it should be...' he thought to himself and sighed. Arriving at her doctors, he placed a hand on her shoulder and he woke her up softly.

"Allie, Allie Baby, wake up," fluttering her eyes open, she stayed in that one spot for a bit before sitting up and yawning.

"We're here?" she said yawning and she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, not that she had any. Getting out of his side, he opened the door for her and helped her out. Locking the car door, they walked in front of the therapy building.

She laid her head on his shoulder and squeezed his hand tightly as they walked in. And as they did her name was already being called.

"Oh...so fast...okay," she said in a light whisper. Rubbing her back, Derek reassured her that she was going to be okay. Going into the waiting room, Derek sat down. And waited.

The lady showed her to a room as she sat down on a small couch. The other woman came in and sat down with a notebook.

"Alrighty ma'am. Are you ready to start?" Allison nodded with a little smile and it dropped after looking at her hands.

"Can you tell me when this...abuse all started and how?" Allison nodded and took a deep breath, making sure she wasn't going to become stressed by talking about it.

"Well...it was our honeymoon weekend...and I've never really..done that before with anyone. I told him and as soon as we got off the boat, for the trip he....he had picked me up and dropped me on the surface of the bed," talking through the first time, she picked her nails.

"But he didn't stop...he walked away to the bathroom for...a few minutes and came back. He had turned the bath taps on like really hot...if I didn't do what he said he made me get in and he would...take me from behind and shove my head into the water...and if I passed out, he would wake me up and keep doing so," telling a portion of what had happening to her- it got it out of her system. She finally began to let it all out. The woman at the desk had a distraught face.

She herself didn't feel comfortable with this and furrowed her brows looking at the woman. She kept writing what she said and flipped her hair. The pen dug into the paper and it was losing ink faster then it was supposed to.

The alarm rang for the one hour session and she stopped talking,
"One last thing...how do you feel now? With everything that's happened"

"...I...I feel like every thing can be normal now," giving a sweet smile, she stood up. The lady let her go out the door to Derek where he was asleep.

Smiling, she woke him up and he grunted, turning his head to her.

"Hey Baby Mama, how was it?" she nodded her head as a sign that it was good and kissed his cheek.

"It was fantastic!"

They got out after doing some paper work, and had gone to their scheduled couples pregnancy therapy session. As they got there, pregnant women where sitting against guys and were talking to one another. She hid behind Derek, glancing at the other couples. They signed in and had taken off their shoes along with other things.

"And we have here our new members. Derek and Allison," Allison did a small wave as Derek shook some of the guys' hands. They got into position as the woman turned on some kind of soft, warm music.

Listening to the music, Derek watched her smile. He didn't believe she was safe with what had been going on. There had been a few killings of woman that looked a bit like her. Brown short hair with hazel eyes. Everything seemed like it was coming together.

The only thing he wanted for the woman in his arms..was to give her something she hadn't had before in her entire life.

"Love and hope," he whispered in her ear.