"What on earth did you two do!" She cried, coming around the counter and shooing them back outside onto the back porch.

"We wrestled in the mud." Rowdy replied like it was the most natural thing in the world.

I chuckled following them outside and looked to see a long green house that was connected to the house stench all the way to Tilley's old pen that now looked like something was living in it. I walked over to the pen laughing as I listened to Halsey's remarks. Grabbing the hose which was still running.

"Alright boys you both need to be hosed off before you step foot inside." I shouted holding out the hose.

Rowdy's eye slit up at the sight of getting to run through water.

"Come on Dus." Rowdy said pulling his arms.

Halsey took there muddy shirts of and wadded them up as she carefully took them inside trying not to leave a trail of mud.

"On the count of three you both have to run through it okay?" I told them as I pointed the hose out away from the house.

They both nodded.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

It happen so quickly I didn't even see it coming. But pretty soon I was getting soaked along with Rowdy and Dusty who found it absolute amusing.

I looked up to see that Kelby had managed to get the hose from me and spray all three of us.

Clearly shocked a smile grew upon my face as I watched him shake the hose around leave trails of water were ever he went.

"What are you doing?" I asked stepping closer but in returned he sprayed me with the hose. Getting me even more soaked.

I gasped gosling my hands out in front of me like that would help any. Quickly making distance between us.

"That was so un called for." I shrieked.

"Do it again, Kel." Rowdy shouted clapping his hands together.

Kelby smiled down at Rowdy and took a couple steps closer to me, causing me to take steps back. The water barley reaching my shoes. Pretty soon tho I was the one running and he was lazily walking around the backyard. It seemed like no matter where I went the hose would always be anble to reach there.

I gave up on trying to keep parts of me dry, I already lost that battle. Instead I had to get back at Kelby. I noticed my chance when I saw the hydrant and hose laid perfectly in front of the horse barn. Like it was just waiting for me to pick it up and use it as my weapon.

So I did. The hose wasn't as hardly as long as the one Kelby had, but it did the trick. Pretty soon I was soaking him too.

In the middle of it all Rowdy and Dusty were running through the water for  the two hoses and there wasn't a trace of mud left on either of them.

"Okay okay, I surrender." Kelby said holding his hands up and dropping the hose.

I was about to agree when Rowdy picked it up and sprayed him. I laughed joined Rowdy in round two of soaking Kelby. Until finally I figured he had enough. I turned off my hose and ran over to Rowdy's turning it off as well.

I was laughing as I started to wring my hair out. Looking up to the house I froze. I didn't realize any one was watching. But sure enough Cody and the she devil were standing on the other side of the screen doors. Cody's expression was unreadable and I would give anything to be giving the clue in how to uncode it.