Flashback 1

In case I didn't mention or make it clear, these will be a lot of flashbacks.
My reasoning correlates to the title.. Little Rays.
Since the main story is Sunshine, these are some of the Little Rays that made the Bethyl what it is.
Cheesey, but cool :]

Beth's P.O.V.

    We were back at the farm. I remember seeing Maggie getting ready for her first date, braiding her hair when she kept it long.

    "Careful, Bethy. I don't want him thinkin' I can't braid hair." She warned nervously. I giggled.

    "I think he likes you a lot, Maggie. He looks at you a lot on the bus." I said.

    "Well, one thing gone wrong can ruin a whole crush, ya know that, Bethy?" She laughs nervously. "When I away in the fifth grade I used to like this boy.. his name was Ron. I used to chase him around on the playground, and he gave me an indian burn every day on the bus ride home. 'Course in the mornin's he was too tired, always fell asleep and never left me any room to sit. Anyways.." I listened to her ramble her nerves down the drain as I carefully and gently braided and brushed her hair. "Then, one day when we were playin' outside in the rain, course momma didn't know, he sneezed so bad I swear his brain coulda come out his nose. Snot and bugers went all over him and the other boy playin' tag with us.. I never did get another Indian Burn after that. And y'know that's funny-"

    Ding dong.

    The doorbell had rang and we both knew what that meant. I quickly finished off her hair as she rus he'd her shoes on. "How do I look?" She asked

    "Beautiful." I smiled, looking at her, taking in every detail. Her hair was French braided down her back, she has a light pink Sunday dress on with some dress shoes. Simple yet perfect. We both rushed downstairs to find Daddy talking to her date.

    His name was Jonathan Richards and he was tall with blonde hair. Something about him was mysterious, it made me wonder.

    I remember after they left together Momma and Daddy watched Sleeping Beauty with me. She was always my favorite princess.

    When the part where she met her Prince in the woods and danced with him, I remember asking, "One day will I meet a stranger like that?"

    "You might." Daddy said. "Nowadays I wouldn't advise just dancin' and singin' around in the woods, though." He joked.

    "Will he be tall? He can be mysterious too. Like Maggie's date? Does he have to be tall and mysterious for love to happen?"

    "Your father ain't much taller than me." My mom laughed. "That boy Maggie is with.. she'll forget all about him one day when she finds who she loves. And one day you'll find a man too. Maybe one who is tall, and mysterious, and maybe he will dance in the woods with ya." My mom said.

    "But for now.." Daddy said, eating some popcorn, "you'll be our little Sleeping Beauty. C'mon to bed now."

--

    It was the day Rick had brought his group to the farm. I was told to bring them the news of dinner. Though, all I could find was a tall, smelly man with messy hair and a crossbow.

    "Excuse me.." I hesitate. He looks down at me like I'm nothing to him. "Daddy told me to let y'all know dinner's ready.. made enough for everybody." I tried to smile my best for him but I felt overwhelmingly small. He nodes.

    "I'll tell Rick."

    When I heard his voice, his husky, deep voice I gasped a little. But as soon as I realized I was staring, I smiled and ran back inside.

    And for some reason all I could think of is Sleeping Beauty, as Aurora danced through the trees with her Prince charming.