Chapter 11

A/N: Here's chapter 11, I've managed to start an updating schedule with the help of one of my editors (hi guys it's one of her editors lol) and I will hopefully be able to stick to it.

This chapter has been edited and the pictures above relate to the chapter.

-If any of you were wondering, my story "Bright-Eyed Makeover" is being re-written, so I've unpublished it and I will start it over and make a new cover.

That's all I have to say so go ahead and read the chapter...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11

This won't end well! There's no way it possibly could. What was I thinking? A date with the Zander Williams? I'm gonna mess up, or embarrass myself so bad that I won't be able to show my face in school for a month!

So here I am in math class, practically hyperventilating as all these thoughts rush through my head. But what if he actually likes me? No! I can't think like that! Thinking like that will only make it hurt more when it turns out I'm wrong.

I tune out the teacher and gaze out the window, I went over today's lesson a few days ago. I'm at least a week ahead in every class, that just proves how much I've been neglecting my friends. Now that I think about it, I haven't really spent much time with my family either. My older brother, Gavin, is away in college. He got a full scholarship.

My dad is a doctor at a nearby hospital. Even though he has really odd hours, he always manages to be home for breakfast, whether he had the nightshift or not. I have no idea how he does it though.

My mom is a professor at Red Deer University. I plan to go there once I finish high school, they have a really good music program.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when the bell rings, ending the class. Finally, lunch. I drop my books off at my locker and make my way to the lunch room with an apple in hand. I sit at the same table as always.

Rylee is droning on to Madeline about James and how they made their relationship official. That just makes my mood worse, even the most innocent person in our circle of friends is in a relationship. What is the world coming to?! I roll my eyes and let my head fall to the table with a thump.

"Are you okay Kristen, what's up?" Jade asked causing the other two to turn and look at me.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I replied.

"No you're not, are you forgetting that I can see right through your façade?" Jade said, slightly raising her voice.

"Yeah Kristen, we can read you like an open book." Rylee spoke up with concern in her voice. I look over to see Madeline staring at me with a blank face. It makes her appear bored and emotionless, but I can see in her eyes that she's worried. It just makes me feel even worse for making them worry over me.

"Come on Kristen, you can tell us anything, we won't judge." Jade said

"Yeah! We're your best friends!" Rylee said.

"I SAID I'M FINE!!!" I snapped. At this, Madeline slammed her hands down on the table and stood up.

"Stop it Kristen! You've been so distant lately, don't think I didn't notice! We all have. I've tried to stay out of your business, but this has gone on too long. You've been like this since Melanie left! She was our friend too, you can't keep shutting us out. I know why you've been so caught up in school to talk with us. I talked to Melanie when you started acting different, she said a few things, but the only thing she said that really stood out was how she told you to stay strong! I figured it out. You think you can't be strong if you are reminded of her every time you look at us. But you completely misunderstood her, she meant or you to stick with us because we're stronger together! I can tell you have a lot on your mind, so why don't you give up keeping your problems to yourself and let us in!"