A little peek

Chapter 3

The lines at the entrance were moving swiftly and within the space of ten minutes we’d already moved to second place. The security wasn’t as much as I’d expected but I supposed the guards placed here were quite capable. I’d counted fifteen front gate entrances and in front of each small whitewashed gate stood two guards; one shifted down to size and one who assumed ‘human’ form for questioning.

So far there and been no hiccups and with the sun barely peeking through the clouds, the day was cool and welcoming; just the way I liked it. Behind Marcus and me, Grady stood with Thomas munching away at a bag of peanuts while Thomas spoke to him softly; I couldn’t catch a word he said but the conversation felt intimate somehow and I turned my attention to other things. Namely my sexy jean clad mate, standing quietly next to me, observing the crowd.

I leaned into him and his arm came to rest around my shoulders but he continued to watch the crowd.

“I’m so glad we’re finally here.” I told him with a grin.

“I don’t doubt it.” I heard the amusement in his voice and I leaned closer, my eyes drifting closed as I attempted to enter the bond, but the moment I caught the first tendrils of his emotions he shut me out and I pulled away quickly, blinking up at him in surprise.

He shifted slightly, then appraised me with a raised eyebrow and I blushed as understanding dawned. I’d almost forgotten he got turned on whenever I delved into the bond and I gave him a coy smile as he shifted uncomfortably beside me and I felt the first stirrings of his arousal.

“My bad darling.” I smiled sweetly and looped my arm through his.

We stepped up to the beginning of the line. “How long will you be staying and what’s your-” the guard trailed off with furrowed brows and the wolf beside him sniffed the air. He sniffed at Marcus’ leg then moved to sniff Grady and instantly recoiled.

“I’m going to have to ask you two to step out of the line please.” The guard addressed Grady and Marcus and I sighed.

Great just what I needed.

                                               AUTHOR'S NOTES

I DECIDED TO GIVE YALL ALITTLE SNEAK PEEK BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME TO GET THE CHAPTER UP TODAY...FINALS ARE APPROACHING AND I'VE BEEN LOST IN MY STUDIES. I'LL TRY TO POST THE ACTUAL CHAPTER TOMORROW.

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND JOIN ME IN CELEBRATING REACHING 1MILLION READS ON 'What the Alpha Says...Goes" it's all thanks to you guys <3

KEEP SWEET!