"Yes. I do, I rode pass it a couple of times." I respond.

"Well I'll meet you there in 20." She says before hanging up.

Why is she always hanging up on me? Oh right, she's Nicky...

Making my way to the mall, my mind drifts back to Life. I don't know why, but I've been thinking about him a lot lately.

Finally pulling into the mall parking lot, I get out &' walk towards Nicky's car.

"Hey my hoe." She she greets, while pulling me into a hug.

"Hey, hey." I reply back.

Walking around the mall for about an hour, we finally decide to head to the food court. Sitting down eating &' laughing with Nicky, I decide to tell her about my run in's with Life.

"So um.." I begin. "What's up with that Life dude?" I ask her.

"What'chu mean?" She asks, looking at me curiously.

"I mean like, why did you get so scared when you seen him that day? &' why did my dad tell me to stay FAR away from him?" I ask.

Sighing, she begins to talk.

"Kay, Life is a VERY dangerous cold hearted man." She begins. "He's the biggest drug dealer of Nola. Matter of fact, This nigga runs New Orleans!" She says while shaking her head. "That nigga don't care about NOBODY. All he care about is his money &' if you fuck with him or his money, then that's your ass." She says.

"Oh." I say, nervously biting my lip. "Have you ever seen him hurt someone before?" I ask her.

"Nah, but everyone knows not to get in contact with him." She says. "Why you asking bout him for anyway?" She asks, looking at me suspiciously.

Letting out a fake chuckle, I shake my head while responding to her.

"No reason, I was just curious that's all." I say.

"Mhm" she says, while going back to eating her food.

Thinking about what Nicky just told me I begin to feel weird. All the stuff she told me makes me wanna keep my distance from Life. Just knowing that Life could have done anything to me those times he saw, scared the mess out of me. I didn't wanna have any kind of communication with that man. Seems like keeping my distance from him is the only way I'll make it in Nola. &' that's exactly what I'm going to do.

"Kay I'm bout ready to leave." Says Nicky, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh okay, I'll text you later then." I say, while getting up to give her a hug.

"Ok." She says before walking out of the mall.

Sitting back in my seat, I pull out my phone &' begin to scroll down my Instagram. So busy into my phone, I didn't notice someone standing by me.

"Excuse me miss." The man says. "But I couldn't help but notice such a beautiful woman sitting be herself. So I decided to come speak." He says while licking his lips.

"Um, hi." I say nervously looking up at him.

He was a tall, light skin dude with short curl hair &' a grill on his bottom row of teeth. He was a cutie.

"Wassup ma? I'm Nate, &' you are?" He ask, politely shaking my hand

"Kailani, but you can call me Kay." I say nicely, smiling up at him.

"Nice to meet you Kay. What'chu you doing over here all by yourself?" He asks me, licking his lips.

"Oh, my friend actually just left. I was about to leave too." I say to him.

"Oh well, is it cool if I get'cho numba ma?" He asks, while smiling at me.

"S-sure." I say nervously.

Putting my number into his phone &' him doing the same, I get my bags and look back at him.

"I'll text ya ma." He says winking at me, before walking off.

Getting into the car I pull out of the parking lot make my way &' back home.

Today was an ok day, I think to myself..

HeyHeyHey, this chapter short asf. But it was an okay chapter.

- Shaa💜