Good Night

Started: 22/6/2017, 11.40pm(?)

xxxxxxxxxxxx 

 He knew he didn't like it. He knew. But a part of him wanted to do it.

  He wanted to say it.

  He held back.

  The sparkling boy with his shy smile looked adorable, but the boy himself was probably thinking that he wanted to be cool. SeungCheol liked that part of JiHoon. He really did. How the younger one would hide his face when he was embarrassed; the habit of clapping his hands whenever he laughed. He liked especially how the younger one vaguely tried so hard to be noticed.

  They used to be close. So close. JiHoon used to rely on him, and he still did, sometimes. SeungCheol liked to feel useful, he loved the members afterall, and it made him feel better. Especially JiHoon. He had found JiHoon adorable and pampered him. 

  What happened? 

  SeungCheol was closer with JeongHan now, and JiHoon with Joshua... Joshua... Did Joshua happen?

  No, it wasn't Joshua. It was him. SeungCheol hadn't felt like he was needed around JiHoon at a time. He felt that JiHoon didn't rely on him as much anymore. He felt that JiHoon had grown mature and independent, and so he left his side. 

  How did he miss it though? That JiHoon was actually someone who needed another to rely on. He would always follow a certain person and stay around that person, being unable to take the step forward in a social sense. SeungCheol hadn't noticed this and even though he used to be the person for JiHoon, he wasn't now.

  Now...

  Now it was Joshua.

  Now it was Joshua who could properly care for him.

  SeungCheol felt nauseous at the thought, and he wanted to cry. He shut his eyes and refused to let the thought roam any further. It was late and he should be sleeping. He tossed and turned, sighed and groaned.

   Then he heard JiHoon's voice whisper.

  "Can't sleep?"

  SeungCheol hesitated to answer, but he did. 

  "Yeah, you?"

  "mm"

  Silence.

  "I was thinking," SeungCheol started.

  "About what?"

  "The past. About us," he mumbled. Then quickly added, "About Seventeen."

  "Same. It's amazing how far we've come," JiHoon said. SeungCheol could hear the smile in his raspy voice.

  I was thinking about you.

  "Yeah, even in the future, I hope we'll stay together."

  You and I.

  JiHoon chuckled, "Is that even a concern? We'll always stay as Seventeen. Get some sleep, leader, we have a long day tomorrow." From Mingyu's bed, they could hear the rustling and SeungCheol heard in the dark, JiHoon snuggling into his blanket.

  I want to talk to you more.

  "Yeah, you too, genius composer," SeungCheol ended.

  It didn't take long for SeungCheol to fall asleep, his hearing focused on JiHoon's soft breathing as the younger one stayed awake.

  And that night, a night as rare as many other, SeungCheol swore he heard JiHoon mumble, "Good night..."

xxxxxxxxxxxx

[[ Okay, honestly, I love Dino really, but Woozi gives me this feeling that he needs to be protected. And he's amazing, I know that. He's the kind of person who would protect his loved ones and care for them, wholeheartedly. But sometimes, he would rely on the people around him but he doesn't realise it. When he does, he would keep his troubles to himself. He's selfless and strict. But it's obvious how hard he tries and I think that's why he's lovely and amazing.

I kinda hope people will give him more love~ not just for his looks or his 'personality' but who he is as a person, his weaknesses, and his strengths. Like how he can be socially awkward, how he can be so strict, scary, how he is mostly alone cause the members don't want to do anything wrong that might piss him off cause he's so scary, how he works hard for the fans, how he wants to please anyone he can, and especially how he indirectly cares for the members, and how he cares so much as he bears the responsibility of composing Seventeen's songs.

There'll be another one-shot of them coming up. And yes, it's still JiCheol uwu I was watching Weekly Idol and I noticed something that is really worth mentioning~ Also Mingyu and Woozi tho- One day yes.

Thanks For Reading!]]

Finished: 23/6/2017, 12.20am