I shake my head at his antics and turn the volume up on my computer.

-

Luke falls asleep a little more than halfway through the movie with Taco cuddled up right next to him. The sight pulls on my heartstrings and I find myself snapping some of the most adorable photos of the two.

I know I shouldn't but my head immediately goes into thoughts of posting the best photo of the bunch with a caption I can only see as 'my boys 💕' but of course I can't.

I can't for multiple reasons but the main reason being because although I like to call Luke mine, he truly wasn't.

I watch a while longer, fighting the urge to run my fingers through his grown out hair that curls at the tip in the cutest way. He stirs for a second but his soft snores are quickly picking back up in a matter of seconds.

I don't post the photo anywhere but I do replace the wonderful home screen wallpaper Calum and Michael had set of themselves with it.

Luke hated that wallpaper, always complaining about why I still had it. Now he didn't have to worry, now it was the most sweetest photo of him and the scruffy dog he was endearingly in love with. I smile at the photo one last time before locking my phone, glancing at Luke and quietly leaving the room to let them sleep in peace.

Haley's in the kitchen where I end up for only the second time today.

"You're alive," she hums sarcastically as soon I walk into the room. "I am," I send her an unimpressed look and sit on a kitchen stool. "Luke said you're taking him to your favorite spot today," Haley mentions with an underlining tone. "I am," I repeat with a nod.

"No fair!" She pops her mouth open with a gasp. I chuckle in amusement. "We have been best friends since forever and I still haven't gotten to see that damn spot!" She pouts.

I think briefly of her words, best friends forever yet I still hadn't told her about my breakup.

"He doesn't get to come around a lot plus I already promised him so he's being annoying about it," I shrug taking some cereal from a nearby box. "And what about Nick? Has he seen the spot? What does he think about this?"

I know this would be the perfect opportunity to mention that Nick was no longer in my life but for some reason I just can't bring myself to tell her.

"I'm sure Nick wont mind," I say truthfully.

He wont mind because we were no longer together but for the record I don't think he'd mind even if we were still together. I find myself feeling upset that for some reason as nice and understanding as he was, I couldn't just love him.

Life would be so much easier if that was the case.

Luke would have his girlfriend he's clearly in love with and I would have my boyfriend I was in love with.

But of course life wasn't that easy and unfortunately feelings have a mind of their own.

"You're right. He's too good dammit," Haley replies lighthearted. One of the downsides to having overbearing best friends is that they get to know whoever you're dating just as well as you do. Meaning Haley knows exactly who Nick is as a person and maybe that's part of the reason I didn't feel like bringing up the breakup.

Not only has Haley been against all of this mess with Luke since day one but she actually really liked Nick. She constantly made little side remarks of see aren't you glad you have him/someone like him and of course the tiring does Luke do that?

I'm sure it was her way of trying to look out for me. I get that. I mean, I was falling for someone who spent most of his life on the road and was already taken.