The final Audtion

I woke up super early on Wednesday and packed all that I needed! And this time my mum picked me up and we drove to the audition place. We're doing some script and then have to talk about ourselves and stuff like that. I was quite a good speaker, I also had to sing Bugsy Malone. I pulled up at the venue with the other 5 girls. They all seemed really nice and all were really talented. We went in one by one. I was last with Nat as Bugsy, he had to kiss me in the scene which I was fine with because I had to ask him if he wanted to see a private area 3 times a week. I just thought this to be revenge on me. The room I waited in was big. It had a couple chairs set out for us with some water for us. The girls started chatting, "does anyone know who the Bugsy is? I hope it's not akaward!"
One of the girls said (she was called Isabelle)
"Oh it might be for you but he's fine with it don't worry! It's okay for me, I have to ask him if he wants to see my fanny 3or4 times a week!" The girls just stared at me so I thought I should clear, "I play Debbie in Billy Elliot, the one playing Bugsy is Nat Sweeney, who's a Billy, we have a scene together." All of a sudden it clicked.

Then they read out my name, "Hazel? Yep okay" I went in and saw Nat, he made his face that he only makes to me and I did it back. We started the script
"Why have you got a baseball bat anyway"
"It's for protection, incase I get robbed!"
"What's your name anyway?"
"Brown"
"Sounds like a loaf of Bread"
"BLOUSEY brown"
"Sounds like a stale loafa bread"
We had great chemistry as we'd practiced it 2000 times!
I sang my song (that went very well) then I was asked questions
"So Hazel, can you talk to us about your time in Matilda?"
"Yes, it was one of best times I'd ever had! I made so many friends and it was that show when it clicked, I love this! I want this to be my job! And now when I step on to stage I get the same buzz that I did the first time!"
"And What would be one thing you would change about the theatre world?"
"I would change the idea that theatre is just for girls! It's not! Anyone can do it and it's like a way to express yourself!"
"And finally, Who inspires you?"
I had to think about this one, "wow, their are so many people, but I can narrow it to 3. First my older Brother Ben, he showed me the path to the stage, 2nd Carrie Hope Flecter. I saw her in Les Mis and she told me anything was possible when I tried and I would be a great performer! 3rd and finally, My mum, she's shown me all my ways to life! How to act what to do when it gets too much. She's just the best"
"Thank you! Would you just like to take a seat outside!"

I was sat for another 10 mins with the other 5 girls. It was tough being the last one. Then we were all called into the audition room. The casting Director stood up and began to speak,
"Girls you all came in here and blew us away, and we don't want to let any of you go! So you'll be pleased to know we have cast you all but not all as blousey. We only need 3 girls and their are 5 of you. Now can the following just stand to one side" the nerves were racing in my heart. I'd grown to love this part. And now if I didn't get it id be derverstated. But the good thing was we were all cast. Jo (the casting director) grabbed her glasses and read out the ones who were standing to the side, "Milly and Ameila. Thank you"
I looked at the other 2. "You 3 girls have all got the part" We jumped up and down and screamed a lot! Nat,who was sat behind, leapt up and hugged us all! "But you 2, we would like to cast you as Tallulah!" And then ran into us and madness had insued. We ran around the stage loads! It was just an amazing day! I was going on tour with Bugsy!! I ran out to my mum. "I GOT IT! You need to speak to Jo" and all the parents went In. And we got ready to leave. We were still extremely giddy! "Nat! Do you wanna lift back home?"
I shouted to him!
"Yeah! Beats going in the van!" And we skipped off to the car!

"I actually can't believe we're going on tour together!" Nat said excitedly!
"But what about Billy? My contract runs out April 2nd. And we start the tour in May. What about you?" I asked him. I really was upset about all this.
"Same for me, I'll have done Billy for 2-3 years. We could have our last night together?" And I nodded excitedly. But I still had ages left in the show so I didn't have to worry! We we're almost home and I wasn't really allowed to say anything, so I just told everyone (except Bea) I went out for the day! I pulled up on the drive and got out. I saw Bea sprinting out. "DID GET IT?" She shouted! I nodded and she lifted me up. And I ran into the kitchen with my letter. I saw Tilly in the kitchen "is Geoff here? I need him!"
"He's just nipped out to Tesco, do you want me to pass that on to him? Because you've got the show and you won't see him before you go. Also get in the shower and have your tea" I passed her the letter, "please don't read it"I said to her.
I got in the shower and belted positive at the top of my lungs! It's pretty fun. I got into my joggers and west end live top, and shoved my Billy hoodie over the top. I was super tired, but ate my Spaghetti, Bea was going on as Susan Parks for the first time and Bradley and Matthew we're going on together for the first time! And Nat was going on as tall boy! So all the first times were happening. Tilly pulled me over to one side, "How come you didn't tell anyone about this?"
"I did, Geoff knows! Hang on did you read it?" She started to look gulity
"SORRY! It was just too interestimg. Go on get in the van" and I climed into the van with all the cast doing the show.

We arrived at the theatre and I went to the resident director with my letter. I knocked and he shouted for me to come in. "Oh Hazel. Jo called me have you got it?" I passed it him, my hand shook, was he going to shout or scream? But he stood up walked round his desk and hugged me super tight, "Well Done Mrs! I'm super proud. You and Nat are going to be great" and I ran back to my dressing room! It was really sad knowing I was leaving next April but I made sure I had the best show today. We'd finished a bit later tonight but we went home and straight to bed.

The next morning, we were all called downstairs, Geoff started speaking, "So as you know we do our annual show around this time. It's all you lot and the ballet girls, the tall boys and the small boys. the show we're doing Is.....Shrek!" We all did a simultaneous YESS! "Now for Shrek we've chosen Nathan, Donkey will be Nat, Fiona will be Hazel, Thomas will be Lord Farquard, Bea, your teenage Fiona and Gingy, Ben your pinocio, Hollie, young Fiona and baby bear!" I already knew this was gonna be amazing! I was so excited