Old Friend

James soon is knocked out and wakes up with a throbbing head ache. As his eyes adjust to the dim light in what looks like a cell he feels something lightly stinging and wiping his leg wound. Its a girl being watched over from the cell door. He try to stand up and the guard pulls out his sword, it didn't really matter anyways he could barely get up due to the injury. He grabs the rag from the young female and begins to clean the injury itself.

"I can handle myself, thanks." James says in a semi pissed off voice.
He notices that the arrow head is still embedded in his calf still. He grabs her hand before she leaves
"Actually...I do need your help." He said with humility lingering in his voice.

He blushed as she made contact and agreed to help him. She gives the remaining arrow piece a firm pull and he let's out a painful yell.

She looks worried as he wince in pain. He manage a reassuring smile

"I'm fine, I've been through worse".

She doesnt buy it and goes back to cleaning his injury. Moments later a knight walks in, no an apprentice. The armor was to plain and basic.

The knight signal for the guard and servant girl to exit the room. I begin to stand up, but sits back down with a sword to my throat s

Soon there is only a dead silence in the room. Moments later the apprentice removes the helmet to let long, straight, crimson red hair. His jaw almost fell when the helmet was completely off. " It can't be", James thinks to himself. Its an old comrade, Elaine.

She stands about 5'1". She always held herself high, always to act above others.

James knew how she really was, after all James is an ex apprentice.

James knew how she wanted to be sweet, but didn't want to be over looked for being nice. She wanted to be respected. James would tease her by calling her things like princess and over cute girly words to call her.

James is snapped back to reality by a punch to the chest. It sends him falling on his back letting out a wheezing noise as he struggled to regain his breathing. Not too long he is pinned to the wall. James is about 5"5', he wasn't the biggest but he wasnt light. A confused look is on his face when she leans in and kisses his lips. As Elaine barely make a second of contact before he gently pushes her back. He looks down with a serious with a hint of sorrow on his face.
"You know how i feel, it would be appreciated if you could remember".

"And you know how i feel you selfish bastard", she says with tears in her eyes as she pushes him into the wall.

She contines, "Do you know how heart broken i was when you left? I loved you and you just left me here", she lefts herself fall to the floor.

After the mood dies down Elaine puts her helmet back on and starts to walk to the iron door, it lightly creeks as it opens. Elain stops for a small moment, almost like she wanted to say one last thing before leaving. She goes back to walking and just slams the door behind her. The hall and room echos with the bang as, what is now night, continues.

James lays himself on a small cot filled with hay. He closes his eyes and dreams of his like as an apprentice.

Hey thanks anyone who reads this, I appreciate it. I don't know the point of votes, but i guess they're a good thing so vote, spread the word, and have a good whatever time of thw day it is for you. You can also leave a comment and tell me how it is or just to give me ideas about what you think should happen next. Thanks again for reading this far. Until next time.