Home again

……………. I stepped out of the elevator into the opulent marble lobby, people were milling around chatting and laughing. I crossed the floor and out into the street. The noise of the city rushing by actually calmed me, I took a breath and walked over to the curb and hailed a cab. It pulled up and I got in taking one last look toward the pent house at the top of the building.

“Fourth and Dermot” I directed as the driver pulled out into the traffic getting us lost in the flow of the cars.

My mind was racing. Who had spoken to me? Hell I’d crashed so many of these parties and spoken to a lot of people but that voice was like nothing I’d ever heard something dangerous and seductive all at the same time… well it was either that or the champagne was hitting me harder than normal. I looked out of the window and chewed the inside of my cheek . I was actually unnerved being on that roof top. I shook my head I was being stupid I needed sleep or beer or something. The cab pulled up on what people call the wrong side of town I handed over the money and got out as the thunder rolled and the rain started. I walked in-between the Motorcycles that were all lined in front of the tattoo shop like every Friday night.

“Early night Star” One of the guys called out from where he stood with some of the other guys all drinking and leaning against the wall, He took a drink from the bottle of Jack in his hand “If you need help out of that dress or someone to warm your bed…” He leered as he grabbed himself. I rolled my eyes I was more than used to this from these guys.

“Yeah I know Joe but I’ll have to find a real man with a decent sized dick first” I sweetly batted my eyelashes at him and pushed the door of the shop open while Joe’s friends were all hooting with laughter at him.

“Damn Star It’s 2am on a Saturday morning and you’re Home” Pete chuckled looking up from the Skull he was tattooing on a guys shoulder.

“Yeah well nothing interesting tonight” I shrugged walking over to the Fridge behind where he was sitting and pulled out a beer. I sat on the side and sank half of it and my mind went back to where it had left off in the cab.

“Okay so why the frown and the deep thought” Pete smiled going back to the tattoo

“Nothing” I shook my head

“Bull shit” the guy I knew as snake laughed as his eyes scrunched with the pain of the tattoo

“Okay…” I held up my hands “What do any of you know about Gregor Vandes?” I looked into the back room of the shop where there was an old school Juke Box and two pool tables the sound of some old school band flooding out.

“The guy basically owns the city” I watched Pete as he seemed to fidget in the seat and didn’t look up. “More Money that Most Banks and one ruthless reputation”

“You don’t get on his bad side” Snake looked at me and narrowed his eyes suspiciously

“No People have been known to go out and not come back after meeting with him” One of the other guys called from the back room. I rolled my eyes

“Where the hell does a business man get power like that?” I threw out the question.

“Well DUH” a young guy about my age leant against the wall with a pool cue in his hand, I looked at him and rasied and eye brow at him

“Brae that wil so get you kicked in the balls” Pete chuckled as Joe walked in from outside and reached round me in to the fridge for a beer. “You don’t mess with Star” He shot me a wink

“Yeah well… I mean” Brae walked over and walked round me trailing the pool cue after him “It’s obvious he’s got Mob connections: He sounded full of himself for a guy that had blown into town two months ago. “Guys in the Mob control the city” He looked round as we all started to laugh “What… that’s what used to happen in the city where I’m from people pissed off the mob and they disappeared”

“We don’t have the Mob in this town… DUH? I mimicked him

“Every town Does” He snapped… obviously one that doesn’t like a girl getting one up on him

“Shes Right” Joe said as Pete Wiped Snakes shoulder clean and sat back “Don’t try and Kid the kid” I groaned at him calling me a kid “She grew up in this town and she knows how it works here” Brae looked at me I smiled with smugness and sank the rest of my beer

“Okay can we ignore Jack ass here” I jerked my empty bottle at Brae before tossing it in the trash and getting another one. “So why is the whole city in one guys pocket?” I reached for the tie on my halter and pulled it undone covering my chest with my arm as I let the dress fall to my waist

“Nice” Brae whistled, he backed off as both Pete and Joe looked at him as I sat on the seat Snake had gotten up from

“Any chance for getting it finished?” I smiled at Pete

“Sure Honey” he nodded as he started to finish the tail on the Phoenix on my ribs at the back.

“So how does he do it?” I asked again

“Why the questions Star” Pete sighed I could tell I was starting to push it with him

“Oh I was at a party at the Vandes building and I saw him and he raised his glass to me” I tried to sound nonchalant.

‘Did he talk to you?” Joe asked quickly

“No he was sitting with three guys and if anyone other than a guy walked up to him that stick insect he’s married to I swear spat acid” I looked at Joe who was now looking at Pete and I realized I couldn’t feel or hear the Tattoo needle…………..

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=33862526