"But coach really wanted a receipt," said Akira feebly. Coach was already cross with Akira for not telling her that Kuroko's misdirection could wear off. In Akira's defense, she hadn't known that was possible. Kuroko had never played for extended amounts of time in Teiko. Akashi would occasionally put him on court when the point gap wasn't to his satisfaction, and then quickly sub him out again. So, she had no idea that misdirection came with a time limit. Thank God they had won in spite of all that... In order to placate Riko, Akira had offered to deal with the Kaijo coach.

"I'll look after it," he said shortly, heading back into the court.

"Okay," squeaked Akira, running her palm across her forehead. That was tense...

Akira heard someone laugh next to her, and turned to curse at the person, but then reconsidered.

"Yuki-san!"

"Hey, idiot."

"So, then I guess Sin-chan is here too..."

"Yeah. He went in search of Kise. Kazunari went after him."

"Kazunari?"

"My cousin," said Yukiji, "Anyway, want to go out to get something to eat?"

"Sorry!" said Akira, whose smile faltered, "I need to be with the team, they've taken Tsuya-kun to the hospital to get a check-up—"

"What!"

"Don't worry," said Akira hastily, "It's a minor injury."

"I suppose you have to hurry then..."

"We'll go out some other day," promised Akira.

"Just leave already..."

Yukiji decided to search for Midorima, and headed towards where she had last seen him.

"Hey, you!"

Yukiji turned to see someone holding a camera heading towards her. "What?" she said.

"You aren't from Kaijo are you?" he said, looking at her uniform.

"No."

"Can I help you? Are you looking for someone?"

"Do you always stick your nose into other people's business?"

The boy shrugged. "Do you want help or not?"

Yukiji considered the statement and then nodded. "Have you seen two other guys wearing a Shutoku uniform?"

The boy fiddled with the buttons of his camera, thoughtfully. "It's that black coloured one, right? No... I can't say I have."

"Never mind then. We came here to meet a friend of ours."

"A friend?"

"He's a bit... popular. I bet you know him," said Yukiji.

"Name?"

"Kise Ryouta."

The boy laughed. "Yeah. I do know him, and as you say, he's quite... popular. By the way, I'm Itsuki Ren. You are—"

"Chihiro Yukiji."

"Nice to meet you."

"Ryouta will probably be in the court. I'll take you."

Yukiji paused. "Nae, since you are in the same year as Kise, do you know the Kouchizukis?"

"The twins?"

"You do know them! Can you take me to them first?"

"Kise... The twins... You must be from Teiko," said Itsuki.

"I am."

"Wait..." he said, "Don't tell me you play basketball."

"I do," said Yukiji defensively.

"What is with your middle school and basketball..." muttered the guy, rolling his eyes.

"Is there a problem?"

"No."

"Can we move then?"

"Sure," said Itsuki, "Let's go."

The girls' court was a bit smaller than the one at Teiko, but it was spacious, nonetheless. However, the team was larger than the one at Teiko. Yukiji scanned the sidelines and spotted Miyu standing next to an older lady, who she assumed was the coach. "There she is!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah. Listen, I know you are meeting your friend after a long time and stuff, but calm the hell down –Hey... Did you even hear what I said? Wait!"

Yukiji hurried through the gallery and halted before Miyu. "Hello. Long time, no see," she said.

Miyu gave her a small smile. "Yes. How are you?" she said politely.

Yukiji shook her head. "Now you're acting formal and all..."

"It's the middle of practice," said Miyu awkwardly, glancing at her coach. Yukiji followed her gaze and nodded. "See you later then."

"Where to now?" questioned Itsuki.

"I need to find the other two."

"The boys' court is not far."

Yukiji and Itsuki found the trio near the basins outside the court. "Hey, Kise. Is the match over?" said Yukiji.

"Yes."

"What happened?"

"We lost."

"Well, Gemini had terrible luck today anyway."

Kise laughed. "Funny... Midorimacchi just told me the same thing a few minutes ago."

"So now it's a reunion," said Yukiji.

"Speaking of reunions, Akiracchi gave me the slip," said Kise, pouting.

"Oh... She said she was going to the hospital. Something about Kuroko."

Kise's expression darkened. "Oh that... Do you by chance know where they went?"

"She didn't say..."

"Well, I guess I'll have a tough job finding them then," said Kise, "Sorry guys, I guess I'll have to leave. Your reunion will have to wait, Yukijicchi."

Takao glared at Midorima, as soon as Kise left. "Nae... We didn't see the match; none of your 'friends' look like they want to talk; then why did we—or I, to be exact, pedal all the way here for huh?"

"We were late. What did you expect?" said Midorima, adjusting his glasses.

"Easy for you to say. Did you at least spare some soda for me? No!"

"Oha-asa predicted—"

"Just shut up already!"