Chapter Twenty-Five

En başından başla

"Don't touch her in there, you scum bag! I'll kill you!"

Once inside the room, Abed's countenance changed to one of supreme self-confidence.

"Well, at least your lover has balls, I'll give him that. That was some performance out there. I am glad that none of my assistants saw me, or I would have put a bullet through your precious Gary's head."

"Abed, you know that I have been your best worker."

"Ha, you mean my best whore."

"Abed, you have to allow me to enjoy the love of that man, who shares my body. I will continue to go where you tell me, screw whom you tell me, sit like a good girl while you shake down an unsuspecting old man at the airport, one who surprised we are not getting married."

Abed meditated on Margaux's words.

"Abed, let me alone. When I am not on the job, let Gary, and only Gary, share my bed and my only true love. That's not too much to ask of the man who owns me, is it?"

Abed's face wore a sinister smile. "We'll talk about sex on your own free time when you get back from escorting Sam Elliot to Roberts Field." Margaux froze as he put his arms around her.

Abed released her and opened a desk drawer. "Here's the passport that you will need to compete the scam. You have your red dress for tonight?"

"Yes, Abed " Margaux said in resignation.

Abed then smiled and reached back into his drawer. "You may as well have this too."

"A passport? If you stole it, why give it back to me.?"

"Oh," Abed said in a low, stern tone. "Anytime you leave country, I will make sure Gary stays here. If he tries to help you flee the country, I will kill him."

They returned to the front office where Gary was waiting. Abed held his hands wide. "Well, you two, you may copulate with my blessing when Margaux is not servicing my clients." He opened the door while they said nothing as they left.

Once around the corner, they stood against a white-washed apartment building, half crying as they threw their arms around each other.

"Oh, Gary, I felt so dirty in there."

They shared a loving kiss.

"Margaux, if I felt ashamed to let Abed think that I am good with the whore-lover arrangement, it drove home even more how utterly humiliated you must have felt all these years." He hugged her. "Marge, you are taking the ultimate risk for me. I love you so much."

"Gary, we gotta make for the airport. You father left enough money for a plane ticket to the United States. What will you do while I am gone?"

"I will turn over my apartment to Peace Corps and live in the Peace Corps Hostel. Then maybe they can send me to Bolahun for the remainder of my time in Liberia."

"Let's go and get an early flight."

Margaux and Gary took a taxi to where she had stored her Mercedes. Within thirty minutes they were speeding upcountry toward Roberts Field.

Abed Aziz picked up his phone and dialed.

"Okay, they have left"

"What?" He paused and then said, "Leave two men with weapons to watch Spriggs-Payne Airport."

"Uh?" Abed raised his eyebrows. "If they bypass Spriggs-Payne, they're headed toward Roberts Field, I bet. Sam Elliot turned out to be Gary's father."

"What?" Abed smiled at the phone. "His father. Get this. His father and his mother chartered Spike's plane to Freetown."  Aziz paused. "I dare not touch Spike.  If something happens to him, I am cooked.  He has hidden evidence against me."

"What? No, if a man has powerful friends that can get a passport for Marguax, I can't do much to him."

"Yeah, we gotta play this different. Cover the parking lot. We can nab the two of them there."

"What?" Abed then said, "Airport authorities already have the room reserved. It has Special Ops Unit painted on the door. How do you like our official title?"

"Yeah, I paid them off." Abed lit a cigarette and took a puff. "You round up both of them. It's your head if Margaux gets away. I will be there soon enough. Hold them until I get there."

"Morgan, want some pussy tonight?"

"Yeah, with Margaux."

"No, I get her first. You get sloppy seconds."

"That boyfriend of hers?" Abed smiled again. "Lover boy gets to watch his beautiful woman get laid again."

"Why? We can't risk having someone else guard him in another room. Let him tell her how much he loves her while she gets banged." Abed laid his smoldering cigarette in his ashtray.

"Yeah, we will cut off her finger with its engagement ring before we feed them to the crocodiles."

"Well, I hate to lose my best whore, but where would I be if someone could get away from me? It will be hard losing Margaux. Best piece of ass I ever had."

Abed Aziz shoved his spent cigarette hard against his overflowing ashtray and crushed his empty cigarette pack.  He tossed it in the nearest trash can.

Gary drove fast through past Kakata and Harbel, even cutting through the Firestone Rubber Plantation to elude anyone following them.

"Margaux, you have the carry-on bag. You have cash, your passport, and have memorized how to get in touch with my mom and dad?"

"Yes, my love." She lay against his shoulder just to feel a little safer against this man, who himself was risking all to get her out of country. "We could start an international incident even without having to risk Abed."

At length they came to Roberts Field. After they parked, they then turned to each other. They wrapped their arms around each other and shared a long, desperate kiss. "Oh, Marge, I love you. You are taking such a risk."

"Gary, my life is worth nothing without my freedom. I can't go on without your love and companionship."

They both got out of the car and made their way toward the terminal.

"Hold it, boss man!" A guard aimed a Kalashnikov automatic rifle at them.