Nice to meet you

Harry's POV:

After being a gardener for wealthy and stuck up people, you get used to the glances and the head to toe looks. I couldn't give a f*ck, all I cared about was getting the job done and getting paid. I had made my way around town, but not this far out, so when I heard that these people needed help I didn't think twice about it. I had never been good with people, ever since I got kicked out of the foster home I was in and later on forgotten about. At some point you just get used to having to fend for yourself and not really caring about what people think about you, because you know, at the end of the day we choose who we want to be. Nobody is going to come save you, you've got to save yourself. Nobody is going to give you anything, you've got to go out and fight for it. Part of me wanted to know what it felt like to be truly loved and wanted. But last time I did that, I got to see what "the love of your life" and your "best friend" are capable of in a cheap motel.

Just as I was about to smash the fucking shovel on my head, I felt someone's presence. Now, I'm not too fond of ghosts and freaky (👀) stuff like that but I looked around just to make sure everything was alright, and to my surprise I found the little shit, Ms. Ashley Wilten.

"Oops, hi. I- I'm Ashley" said the girl while shakily extending her hand out.
"Names Harry" I took her small hand in mine and gave it a reassuring squeeze.
"So, what are you doing out here? I'm sure your mother wouldn't want you getting your fancy schmancy clothes dirty." I said while leaning against the shovel.
"Well "Harry" said the girl in a sarcastic tone, I could care less about this shirt, much less about these jeans. You see I'm not like my sister, much less like the kids at school." "You see, I'm what you call "mature."
When I heard that brat say that I almost lost my balance, and you better believe I laughed like no one was watching. Except her of course.
"Hold on, so you're telling me that you're mature, more than any other kid your age? Nahh, I don't believe you."
"How can you possibly not believe me, one of the most responsible kids you'll ever meet"
"Yeah, whatever kid. Listen, I got a lot of work to do so go back to playing with your barbies or whatever you kids do now a days." I shook my head and started digging, but she wasn't done.
"I- I'll prove it to you, let me help you and you'll know I'm telling the truth." She said as she tried to take the shovel from me
"Oh no you're not, listen I appreciate your dedication and all, but this is my job, and I gotta live off of something."
She looked away as if she was really thinking
"How about this, if you let me help you, I'll tell my sister to come talk to you"
I scoffed " Look, I don't know what went wrong with your thought process, but that's not what I was looking for." I turned around and tried to ignore her
"Fine, fine, how about, she said while walking behind me, how about, she trailed on. I know!! If I get to help you I'll make sure that..."

Thank you for reading all the way down here, I haven't updated since August of 2016, and I really don't know where I'm going with this but hopefully it's good so far. I'm really sorry if there are any errors or grammatical errors, I suck at dialogue so bear with me. I want to start writing more often, like I said this has been on hold since August so I'm a little rusty right now but yeah expect more updates. Maybe not very frequent because I do want to get ahead and plan out what I'm going to do instead of writing out every chapter at the top of my head. Again thank you!! 💗💗