Chapter 4

Legolas 's POV

We began our long trek up the mountain while I carried a still unconscious Faelwen bridal style. A little ways up she began to stir and her bright green eyes opened slowly. I felt movement and looked down at her in my arms.

"Wha-Where are we? And why is it so cold?"

"That's because we are currently trekking over Carhardhas."

"Oh, well I missed a lot." She chuckled.

"Yes, you most certainly did."

There was a moment of odd silence between us as my boots made a slight crunch in the snow. Faelwen cleared her throat.

"You know, you can put me down. I can walk." she said.

"Hmm? Oh, right sorry." I felt the heat climb to my face. I did my best to not let it show as I gently placed her on her feet. She stumbled at first but I was able to catch her.

I furrowed my brow with worry still holding her steady. "Are you sure you will be alright, Lady Faelwen? I can continue to carry you."

Faelwen held her head for a minute, her voice a bit raspy. "I'm sure Legolas, thank you."

"As you wish my lady. But do not hestitate to tell me if you do not feel well."

Her pirceing green eyes bore into my soft blue ones. She clutched my upper arms for support as I held her waist.

"I'm sure Legolas, and please call me Faelwen." She smiled

I once again felt warmness climb to my face. I cleared my throat. "Of course my la-, i mean Faelwen."

We continued up the steep slope. Our unfortunate companions sinking chest deep into the cold snow, Faelwen and myself lightly treaded atop. The wind and snow picked up as the fellowship comtinued to ascend the looming mountain. As we continued the weather grew worse and worse. Faelwen walked carefully along the edge in case one of our companions slipped. I walked ahead.

"There is a fell voice on the air." As I strained my ears to hear clearly, only to be answered by Gandalf.

"Its Saurman!"

"He's trying to bring down the mountain!" Aragon yelled to Gandalf who was chanting and trying to counter Saurman's voice.

Boromir and Aragon began arguing about possibly taking the Gap of Rohan. Suddenly lightning struck the peak of the mountain, causing snow to cascading ontop of the fellowship buring us. Right before the impact, I saw Faelwen lock eyes with me for they were filled with fear as the ledge she stood upon gave way, but I grabbed Faelwen's hand and pulled her close to me, my hand holding her head against my chest and shielding her.

Faelwen's POV

The only thing I remember was looking up at the dark clouds and seeing snow fall directly towards us. I tried to run for some sort of cover as the legde of the mountain under me began to crumble, when I felt someone grab my hand and pull my body close to theirs. Their arms wrapped around me like a shield. I felt the cold snow cover us. The snow was cold as it blocked what little light there was to begin with. My eyes adjusted to the faint dim light as I felt something move above me. I breathed deeply to smell a deep forest scent. My head turned to see Legolas above me, his entrancing blue eyes capturing me within them. Our faces inches apart, I could feel his warm breath on my face.

Legolas's POV

The snow had fallen upon all the fellowship burying us all within the frozen trap. A faint light shown through the snow just enough to light Faelwen's face. Her eyes fluttered open. I did not realize how close our faces were to each other. I could feel her breath upon my face. Time seemed to slow as we sat there staring into each others eyes, as I leaned in towards her....

Faelwen's POV

Legolas had saved my life by using his body to protect me. Meanwhile, I realized had both begun to lean in as time slowed down. However, the rest of the fellowship was looking for us. Legolas looked away and cleared his throat. I, however could see the blush he was so desperatly trying to hide, rise to his cheeks.

"My apologies, Faelwen." He said while beginning to dig our way out.

"Apologies for what Legolas?" I began to help him move the snow

"N-Nothing. Its nothing." He mumbled.

I laughed.

"You know I can tell something's on your mind. However, when you feel that the time is right to tell me whatever it is, I will listen." I smiled at him and placed my hand atop his, as he stopped and looked at me.

" Of course Faelwen." He smiled back.

We eventually broke surface and came face to face with Aragon and Bormir who had been looking for us. Aragon helped Legolas out and Boromir pulled me out, although I could see Boromir blush as he helped me and Legolas give him an unfriendly stare.

While Legolas and myself were buried in the snow, the fellowship decided that it was too dangerous to climb the mountain. Boromir had suggested that we make for the Gap of Rohan and set course to his city, Gondor. However the Gap of Rohan would have taken us too close to Isengard and we could not risk being caught by the White Wizard, Saurman. Gimli suggested we head to the Mines of Moria, in which Gandalf was very hesitant about. He then decided to let Frodo choose, and to Gandalf's dread the young hobbit decided to take the Road to Moria. And so began our long trek down the mountain and to the walls of the dwarven realm of Moria......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, for such a long time to update! I've been meaning to get this out sooner but with school and exams and then Christmas everything kinda got placed on hold. Please vote and comment your thoughts or suggestions to the story! Thanks guys so much! :)