Prologue

"Come here mrs___", my husband said pulling me into a long, gentle kiss. "I'll love you forever", he said against my lips after we pulled apart. I smiled at him taking in his already memorized-by me facial features. From his dark, curly hair to his chestnut eyes and his jaw line which was well defined though it still had that boyish edge that made him cute. This was the man I loved. He was the man I just promised to spend the rest of my life with and nothing could change my mind. Despite all the trials, we made it through.
"I love you", I said meeting his gaze. I loved the way his eyes always set affectionately on me. It proved how loved I was by him. Our lips met in another kiss again.
"How I wish to hear that over and over again but we have guests waiting on the yacht for us", he said.
"Then let's get this done with", I said and he put his arm around my waist as we left the room and went up to the deck.
"There's the latest couple in town!", someone said excitedly and cheers rose as congratulatory remarks were echoed all around us.
My best friend Rosie, came over hugging both of us. "I'm so happy for you guys!", she said. We thanked her. All I wanted was for this after party to be over and be with my husband.
"Let's go find your parents", he softly said into my ears.
Calm music played in the background, people of high social status holding glasses of champagne, waiters darting around the all too familiar scene.
"I can't find your dad", my mum said when we found her. He went to the den to receive a call now he's nowhere to be found. He's supposed to be giving his toast now", my mum said. She was starting to freak out. She loved things being in order.
"Mum relax. He's probably with some partners. You know how-", I felt the pain before I heard the sound. I knew I was the one who was shot but I still looked around searching for who it was. People began to scream. I looked down at my yellow dress and saw the blood pooling at my stomach area. My vision began to blur. It all happened so fast but the moment Caleb reached to grab me, I fell into the water.

Hola! My first work here. Show some love. Vote, comment cos I love feed backs and share too.