Chapter Two: School Kids

Frank’s P.O.V:

The days kept dragging along like this. The first few days we spent moving everything in. And it was a lot that needed moving. Luckily, we had sent all the furniture first, so Gee had been able to get that in place before we arrived. It made the job easier for us. We had all been unpacking the kids’ stuff first.

Miles now had his own room, airplane themed. For some reason he was really into airplanes, and he really wanted his room to be themed when we moved here. I couldn’t deny him that, so we had gotten a bed for him that was shaped like an airplane, and was hanging up in the air by chains. The ceiling was painted powder blue with small, puffy clouds. His desk was made as a plane wing, with a laptop on it. Otherwise, his room was white, with shelves for his toys, comic books, and movies.

Cherry and Lily shared a room with each other. They had also wanted it themed, but they hadn’t come to an agreement on it, so the room had gotten a mixture of their ideas. Cherry wanted it to be powder pink with fairies everywhere. Lily wanted cute dragons on a night blue sky. Gee told me he had made a sketch on what he thought they would like and hired some artist to come paint it. The room now was now an evening blue with fairies in all kinds of colours flying around light pink dragons, sprinkling fairy dust on them. To say it looked cute and girlish would be an understatement. They both had wanted beds that looked like clouds, hanging in the air by chains like Miles. Other than that, their room was quite normal. They had a big desk that was big enough for both of them, with a laptop. Shelves that were covered in fantasy books and small statuettes of fairies and dragons.

It didn’t take long after the accident for me to realize that I couldn’t handle three kids on my own. Gerard had told us to come live with him and Bandit, so we could take care of the kids together. I had been happy for the offer, but I didn’t really want to pull the kids away from their friends in New Jersey. But, it turned out that they wanted to move, so it was okay. The only thing they really wanted was themed rooms, since they had seen Bandit’s Harry Potter themed one.

Bandit still had her own room, decorated with the Hogwarts castle on one wall. Above her wooden bed hung every wand she had gotten her hands on. On a shelf above that stood every book, signed first editions. Gerard might have gone a bit overboard when he bought them for her, but I could understand him. He just wanted to give her the world. The same as I wanted for my kids.

Even though the days had been spent in a haze with me and Gerard helping the kids gets their stuff up and in order, we still had time to be a family. Yes, an actual family. Though both me and Gerard were mourning, we had to put it away for the kids. We used some days for doing nothing except trying to have fun with them. One of the days was spent in Disney Land since Miles really wanted to go, and the other in the mall, shopping clothes for the girls, since they wanted that.

After that, Miles would sit down between Gerard and me, playing on the DSi, while we watched some old videos of the My Chemical Romance era of our lives. Yeah, I missed that time. It had been so spectacular and so much fun. The thought of saving someone’s life. I missed that feeling, and even more so with Jams and Lyn gone. I want to feel that feeling again. I want to make a difference again.

But all of that is just a dream. One that got crushed a long time ago. The time that Mikey cheated on Alicia for Sarah and Ray didn’t want to do it anymore. Where Gee wanted to focus on his family instead. And I couldn’t keep on the band on my own either, so we disbanded. It had been the saddest day of my life, or so I thought until that accident.

We had barely been able to get everything together before the kids started school. I knew that Miles was scared to start school. Though he was lucky, since he hadn’t transferred schools like Cherry and Lily, but still. He was starting in first grade in a new state with absolutely no friends. But he was such a sweetie and I doubted that he would have any trouble getting some friends. Cherry and Lily on the other hand were excited as hell. They had been bouncing for days just at the thought of going to a new school and making some new friends. And, they also had Bandit, so it wasn’t a big problem for them.

-----------

Their first day at school arrived, and I had been up early to prepare breakfast for them all, since Gee is really bad at cooking. He would always ruin the meal, so I was the one that cooked in the house. Though, it was okay for me. I had made batter for pancakes the day before, so I didn’t have to do much. Just fry them in the pan, and voila, they were done. I simply put them on a plate in a stack and put them on the table that was already set.

Just as I put the pancakes down, five pairs of feet came tumbling into the kitchen. Four excited faces looked up at me, and I nodded towards the table. They turned around and sat down quickly, grabbing the pancakes, swatting each other’s arms on the way. They’re just so adorable together. Giggling reached me from the door, and I turned around to see Gee holding his sides, obviously trying not to laugh too hard at the kids’ excitement. I went over to him and shushed him out. He was going to drive them to school, and we were to use the day as we pleased for once. He went out, still with a smile plastered on his face, and I have no idea what kept it there.

The kids were soon done eating, and as they got done, they jumped off their chairs and ran over to me, giving me hugs and kisses before they ran out to Gee to get driven to school. I already missed them

@MissPamelaD