In the End

Max walked into the Saints HQ. He was greeted by the sight of his lover sitting on the couch. He plopped down next to him and cuddled close. Much to his surprise Johnny scooted away a little. So Max took the hint and didn't get any closer. His anxiety began to catch in his throat. He knew they wouldn't last, that it was only a matter of time before Johnny realized he was trash and left him for someone else. Max got up and was headed to their room when Johnny caught his wrist. "Yo, can we talk?" He spoke quietly. "Of course." Max tried to keep his voice from shaking. He forced a smile before heading up the stairs, Johnny in toe. Walking into their room he heard the door close. He turned around to see Johnny staring at his feet. "Look I been thinkin'." Johnny started. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, trying to find the words. Max closed his eyes, he was hoping Johnny wasn't going to say it. He didn't want to lose him, he'd already lost him once and it killed him inside. "I don't think this is workin' out." Johnny looked up at Max. There they were, the words Max knew were coming for so long. At first his brain didn't register them and he just stared at him. Then they hit him in the chest like a ton of bricks. "You're right." Max faked a smile. "Really?" Johnny sounded surprised. "Yeah, you obviously weren't happy." Max nodded and looked at the ground. "Shit, I thought Ya were gonna be upset. Cryin and all that shit." Johnny sighed in relief. "No way, I'm not a fucking baby." Max lied. "We'll get all this shit figured out later." Johnny rubbed the back of his head. Max nodded and left the room, Johnny stayed behind. He practically ran out of the building, tears streaming down his face. He didn't care where he was going as long as he was away from there, away from Johnny. He ran four blocks before he finally stopped, he collapsed and began sobbing. The one thing that made him happy and now he had ruined that too. The ache in his chest was unbearable, the only thing that could make it better was the reason it hurt so bad. He let himself get comfortable, he believed Johnny when he said he loved him. But it turned out it was just a lie. He wanted it gone, the only way to get rid of the inside pain was to hurt the outside. He stood up and moved his hair so it covered his face. His bright blue eyes were rimmed with red now. Shoving his hands in his pockets he headed back to the HQ. When he walked in Johnny was sitting on the couch again. This time he had his hand on some girl's hip as she snuggled against him. "I'm gonna go make some popcorn, be right back Star." Johnny stood up before planting a kiss on her cheek. Thirty minutes, it had been thirty fucking minutes and he had already found a new whore. That's all he was to Johnny when they were together, just his play thing. Slipping past him he headed into his old room. He closed his eyes and sobbed into his arm when he saw his things had been piled up on his bed. Even the fleur bracelet he had given Johnny as a present. He shoved everything onto the floor and plopped down on the bed. He reached under his pillow and took out the knife he kept there after Johnny 'died'. Footsteps passed by his door and he heard Johnny's door open. There was giggling and muffled moaning. And then the sound of Johnny's bed frame hitting the wall grew louder. Closing his eyes he sucked in a deep breath before he pulled the cold steel up his arm. It felt good. He stared at a picture of Johnny giving him bunny ears back in the old church as everything went fuzzy. It didn't feel right, being with Star. It felt good and all, but it wasn't right. Johnny laid in bed staring at the ceiling trying to figure out what he was missing. And then he heard it, it was faint at first. But it was someone yelling at him. "If you don't wake up, I swear I'm gonna kill you." It sounded close. But it was Max, that couldn't be right he was in his room. Johnny got up and threw on some pants, he figured he should see what the raven-haired man wanted. He was standing outside Max's door, but he couldn't open it. Something in his gut told him not to, but he did it anyways. Max was sprawled out on the bed, holding a picture from when they had met close to his chest. It looked like he had fallen asleep at first, then Johnny noticed the dark red that had soaked into the sheets. He rushed to him and and scooped the smaller man up in his arms. "Max." Johnny mumbled. Max whirled around to look at his lover. Johnny was laying in one of the simulation chairs. "Please Johnny, for fuck's sake wake up!" Max pleaded. They had gone into the simulation together with the boss to show Johnny what he missed in Steelport. The simulation glitched and shorted out Johnny's chair. Talia put her hand on Max's shoulder. "I can't lose him again." He looked back at her. "He's gonna be fine, I promise." She sighed. "Don't make promises you can't keep." Max clutched Johnny's shirt. "Ya should get some rest." It was less of a request more of an order. He shook his head and didn't look back at her. He had done this, it was his fault Max was dead. He regretted everything, he loved him so much. "I'm so sorry, Maxi. I'd give anythin to take back what I said." Johnny had blood all over him. He kissed the side of Max's head. Then he heard it again "please, wake up." Tears audible in the words. "Hold on I'm going to try something." Matt started typing on his computer. "If it could kill him," Max was cut off by Matt. "Would you rather we do nothing?" Matt snarled. Max looked at the ground "will it work?" Matt pressed a few more buttons "probably." Max sighed an looked back at Johnny. Johnny pressed his lips against Max's cold forehead. Burying his face in Max's hair he breathed in the scent, his hair always smelled like oranges. He knew he'd never get to smell it again, when they laid in bed he used to pull Max against him. The movement always stirred up the scent, he loved it. "Nothing's happening." Max looked at the Brit. "Give it a moment." Matt huffed. Johnny sucked in a deep breath and sat up. Matt smirked in triumph. Looking around the room Johnny's gaze settled on Max. He got out of the chair and put his arms around the smaller man. "Maxi." He breathed before planting a kiss on his lips. "I thought I was gonna lose you, again." Max kissed him back. They rested their foreheads together. "I love Ya so much." Johnny pressed a kiss against Max's temple. "Shit, what happened? You're acting weird." Max looked at him concerned. Johnny shook his head "don't matter, wasn't real. And I still got Ya."                                                                                                        ~fin~