Coming Home

Gabriella feels the coolness of the pool as she pulls herself up and out of the water. She had just gotten done with swimming lessons for the younger members and now she was about to go back to watching the water. She grabs a white towel that was sitting on the edge of one of the lawn chairs and wipes her face off. It was Tuesday, and she only had to work until four today because she was going to be with Troy when his parents came home at six tonight. She was excited to see the Boltons, since she hadn't for a month and as much as Troy denied it, she knew he was excited to see them too.

She begins to walk over to where her life guard chair was when she suddenly hears a voice from behind her. "BRIE!" Gabriella turns around to see that Sharpay was sitting on a beach chair in her bright white swimsuit and sunglasses. Gabriella smiles and walks over, only to see that London, Tiffany, Victoria and Hailey were all sitting with her. London, Tiffany and Victoria all had their eyes narrowed as she walks while Hailey had a smile on and waved. Although she knew that Hailey had hooked up with Troy once or twice this summer, she was pretty sure she liked Bradin instead. Which might be good for Bradin, if he ever got over Gabriella.

"Hey Shar. Hey guys." She says to everyone else who continue to glare at her except for Hailey. "What's up?"

"You heard about the party tonight right?" Sharpay asks while taking off her white sunglasses and fixing her hair a bit. "It's supposed to be huge."

Gabriella gives her a small smile and shakes her head. "I can't... Troy's parents are coming home and we're going out to dinner. Then we're just hanging out." She says honestly and watches as Sharpay smiles.

"You two are adorable." She says and Gabriella rolls her eyes. It was funny how in the beginning of the year, she was all of her and Bradin. But now she and Troy were dating, everyone seemed to be rooting for them. Sure, a couple people at East and West, especially the girls, were pissed about them dating. But hell, she wasn't going to give him up for anything, not ever.

"Thanks." She says and looks to the side to see that London was staring at her disgustedly. Whatever, it didn't matter to her. She knew London was the one who hooked up with Troy the most this summer, which would be why she was so pissed at Gabriella. "Look, I got to get back to work." She says. "But I'll talk to you later?"

Sharpay nods slowly. "Yea, sounds good. Bye Brie!" She exclaims and Gabriella smiles and walks away.

It was funny, now that she thought about it. If she never had gotten the job at Lava Springs, she and Troy probably wouldn't be together right now. Actually, they'd probably still hate each other. But she was more then happy that they both did get the job, even though at first she hated it. She remembers almost gagged when she saw Troy in the kitchen the very first day. He eyes glance down to the white scar that was sitting on her thigh. So much had changed since then.

She makes her way up to her lifeguard chair and sits down. But almost as soon as she does, she hears a voice from behind her. "You're gonna love me."

Gabriella turns around to see John standing behind her with a smile on his face. Gabriella mirrors him and stands up. "Why am I gonna love you?"

He walks towards her more, still smiling. "Because... I'm taking your shift."

Gabriella's mouth practically drops. "You're what?"

His smile grows larger as he walks to her more. "I'm taking your shift. I heard that you're taking off early, so I figured I could let you off earlier. Plus, I need more money." He says with a gleam in his eyes that Gabriella knew meant he was up to something.

"Um... thanks!" She exclaims and he smiles. "So what's the money for?"

John forms a sheepish grin on his face while he shrugs. "I don't know." He lies and Gabriella gives him a look.