c h a p t e r | t w e n t y

~(Y/N)'s P.O.V~

"Levi..." I muttered as he ran to the area with (S/N), Eren, and the others. Ingrid pressed the knife closer to my neck, and my heart felt this sudden relief. I saw the redhead boy, Finn, come up by (S/N).

"Shit." Ingrid said under her breath while

"Ingrid, put down the knife! You're surrounded, and you can't escape!" Levi said coming closer.

"Come any closer, I'll slit her throat." Ingrid said.

"We don't want to hurt you, mom." Finn said. "Just let her go!"

The knife pierced my skin more and the blood kept slowly dripping down. I kept staring at Levi, and he locked eyes on me.

"Mom, please don't do this. Just drop the knife and we'll figure something out." Finn said.

"You know there is no way out. It's either kill (Y/N) and be executed, or not kill (Y/N) and be executed."

"What did she do that was so horrible?" Levi asked Ingrid.

Ingrid laughed.

"You can figure that out later." I felt the knife go deeper.

"Levi..." I barely said before Ingrid pressed down harder. "I didn't do anything. It was Floyd...it was all him."

"Stop lying to yourself." Ingrid replied.

"I'm not lying, Ingrid. Please let me explain...please." I pleaded.

"Shut up." she told me.

"I refuse to stay quiet when I know the truth."

The knife started to slightly cut me more and more.

"Ingrid, please, I don't deserve this."

I looked over at Finn, and he was looking somewhere else. It seemed like he was looking behind everyone else, but I didn't know what he was looking at. He stared over back at his mom, then behind her. (S/N) stared the other way, as well, and I was confused. He was wording out something on his lips, and it seemed like Ingrid noticed.

"What are you trying to say, boy?" she asked him.

(S/N) looked over at Ingrid. There was a loud, sudden gunshot and the pressure of the knife went away. The knife dropped onto my lap, and the warm body behind me fell backwards. I turned around to see a soldier holding a rifle in the wooded area. It was that girl, Lauren, who made the shot. She reloaded the rifle, then came into the area straight to Melina.

Lauren continued to put Melina in handcuffs, and I looked over to see (S/N) coming over to me. He grabbed my hands and helped me off the ground, then brought me into a hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay." he said. "I've been wanting to tell you something, and I almost lost the chance to tell you this."

"What did you want to tell me?" I asked him before letting go of him.

He stayed silent, then pulled out something from his pocket. It was a tiny ring that was familiar. I swore on my life I saw it before.

"What is that?" I asked.

"This is the ring you gave me when I used to live with Nan- I mean Mrs. Thomas. I remember you came every night to see me until I went away."

I looked at (S/N) with confusion.

"What?"

"Mom, it's me, (S/N). Don't you recognize this ring you gave me?"

He placed the ring in my hand and I examined it again. I finally realized that this was my mother's old ring. I looked back up at (S/N).