A New Day

• Harley's Quinn's thoughts •

So, A New Day, a new dawn. My ears have been ringing all day. When I finally came to, I realized that I'm in prison. I don't know where. Or what for. But I do know this, I don't like being here, in this, new hell. There's another prisoner here. I've seen him before. Floyd Lawton (Will Smith). He's a master assassin, never misses a shot, calls himself Deadshot. Pretty impressive if you ask me. I think I overheard one of the guards call this facility, "Belle Reve." The "Warden" if you will, is called Amanda Waller. Private organizations, "off the books," as it were. She came to me. I wasn't fully "there" in my head when I asked her a question. But then again, I never am.

Harley Quinn: Are you the devil?

Amanda Waller: Maybe.

She was very stern in her mood, focused.

Amanda Waller: I'm putting together a team that I need that I hope can do some good.

Harley Quinn: Sorry. I don't DO 'good' lady.

Amanda Waller: Not even for reduced sentences, complete freedom? I can give you that.

Harley Quinn: *sighs* What kind of team are we talking about here?

Amanda Waller: Actually. It's more of a Squad. Come on, your stuff is outside.

I just stared at her in complete confusion. What was she planning? Did she hate me this much as to kill me in front of everyone at this prison? But all in all, I wanted to know what she meant by my "stuff," so I pried. I followed her out to the "Activity Grounds." Sure enough, she was right. My stuff was there. It was marked in a box with my name on it. My name as a criminal anyways. I started looking at my stuff.

Harley Quinn: Ha ha! My love/hate pistol! *I picked up my bat* Oh the memories.

Amanda Waller: Alright here's the deal, you get the job done you get time off your prison sentence. You fail, you die.

Harley Quinn: Sounds fun.

What was the point of this mission? It's not like Amanda Waller or rest of the staff at Belle Reve cared about us. We were expendable. They wouldn't even have a second thought about blowing us up if any of us decided not to go through with this. Either way, we were guaranteed to die. But, for some reason, I didn't feel good.

Harley Quinn: Waller. I don't feel good.

Amanda Waller: You're a terrible liar. Those excuses aren't gonna work on me, Doctor.

Harley Quinn: *quietly* Yes ma'am.

What was wrong with me? I couldn't know for sure, but I knew one thing: I miss my Puddin'.