= Chapter 1 =

Quick question-
How can you spot a doppelgänger without getting into trouble?
Answer- Hah! You're asking the wrong fairy.
________________________________

"Alek! Stop it, please!"

"Dude! Come on, you know it's funny! Look he-"

"I said please, Alek."

"But Noah, I just-"

"STOP IT, ALEK!"

"Fine. Fine then. Whatever, man..."

The tall blonde sat back on his seat, facing the window. With a pout, he quietly mumbled to himself. "You're no fun anyway..."

That was, of course, heard by the young man, but instead of reacting to a childish comment all the brunette did was a deep exhale through his nose. He was calming his nerves down after that puerile friend of his tried to distract him from his book. A thought ran through Noah's  mind as he fixed his glasses. What a freak...

...What a creep, thought the other. Reading a boring book four hours straight- isn't that just insane? He sure lost his brains somewhere between pages 69 and 666...

And from then on they never talked to each other again.

The End.

________________________________

Just kidding, they did talk but much later, for the ride was a long one and they had yet to cover another mile.

Meanwhile, riding the carriage at the front, Jun and Mohammed, or simply Momo, were holding horses by the bridles, and having a talk you most probably would have with anyone you know too well. Nothing special to cite from, but still... Neither fart jokes nor girls talk was mentioned ever, that's for sure.

The carriage moved slowly and steadily over rocky bumps and dust on the path. The birds were quiet. No wind blowing through trees, no leaves rustling around. It was dead quiet. That did not scare the four young men though. There was no rush, after all- they got what they wanted, even though the hard way, and they were more than happy to spend the rest of the night sitting by a campfire, eating Shchi and enjoying each other's company.

And all were craving for sleep. Not needing, craving for it.

It was getting darker when the group got to stop and settle. Everything looks the same in a forest, and Hagen is just as plain and bushy... Except that Alek, Noah, Momo and Jun knew this place too well to see it that way. Every tree and every spring was unique in their eyes. They came and went to this place for over 15 years. What can you expect from young folks like that? They almost lived here, for God's sake. And since they were little, their parents often went outside their comfort zone to explore the depths of the mysterious forest with their children. They could spend weeks in Hagen, collecting research data and camping as a big happy family. That was until they were invited to an expedition which they had to attend to. The last time these adults came back to see their 5 year old kids was... Never. Not even once.

That did not turn the four of them away from this forest. They have wonderful memories to spare and what's more important, they all love to be here together, like back in those happy days.

Anyway, back to the main stage. The wood was cracking, the fire was burning, and the cauldron...

...was still being searched for.

"I told you to put it where the nets are!"

"Jun, calm down," Momo was flouncing between him and Noah, striving to get their attention.