Eric & Katherine

Attention: This story contains some serious language. If you don't like them, and just criticize me for it, I suggest you bugger off. Thank you!

Prologue

I took picture after picture of my mom's orchids. It was one of those lazy days when you want to do nothing and sleep all day, not caring about your work. Well, in my case, I don't have any. I like the outdoors when my house is in complete chaos, which is why I'm always outside. I lay flat on my back and soaked up some Vitamin D. The sky is blue today. Birds chirping, butterflies fluttering by and my dad saying he got me a job.

Wait. What?!

"Katherine! Katherine, I found you a job!" My father shouted from the inside of the house. I shot up into my feet and snatched my DSLR to my chest as I ran to the sitting room. I paused at the doorway to catch my breath. My father was grinning from ear to ear.

"I got you a job, Kath!"

I took slow, deliberate steps towards the couch where he was sitting. "What job?" I ask cautiously.

My mom appeared from the kitchen, wiping her hands on a washcloth. We were both cautious when it came to dad's news. Some things just gets you scarred for life. "Yes. What kind of job, John?"

My father rolled his eyes at the both of us. "It's not like I'm getting her in a strip club, Caroline." he said turning to my mother then to me. "My colleague is getting married. Her photographer backed out in the last minute and she remembered I had a daughter who was a photographer. She asked me to tell you to meet her at the park in thirty minutes." he said, beaming.

I frowned. Me? A wedding photographer?

He nudged me on the shoulder. "Come on, Katherine. This will give you some experience, I know you can do this."

I sighed, "And if I fail with flying colors?"

He chuckled and pulled me into a hug, "You won't, Katherine. You won't."

I look at him. "And you're sure because...?"

He stands up and messes my hair. "You don't want your old man go job less, don't ya?" He goes to the kitchen, kissing my moms cheek on the way. My mother and I stared at each other. She blinks and turns to go back.

"You're joking, right?" I hear her call.

~*~

"Eric, I'm going to die. I'm going to die!" My sister wailed from the living room. I sighed loudly as I stirred my coffee. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Kate, for the twenty-seventh time, you aren't going to die." I said as I sit beside her. Heaps and heaps of Kleenex tissue balls all around her.

"I might as well be dead! What kind of wedding has no photographer?" she cries.

My sister was getting married to her boyfriend of six years. Ashton had recently just gotten the balls to propose to my older sister. The wedding was tomorrow and she just received a call from her photographer that he broke his leg and cannot go tomorrow. My sister screamed at the poor guy for hours until I pried the phone out of her hands. After that, she resorted to breaking my ear drums.

"Come on, I know you know someone who knows someone. Think hard, Kate. Think." I urged her, just to stop the wailing for a few minutes. She sobs and sits up. I wrap my other arm around her as she steadied herself. We sat like that for hours, then she stands up and started shouting incoherent things, waking up Celine, Nathalia, the twins Jamie and Janie, Althea and Bonnie, my other older sisters.

Kate jumped up and down with glee as she fumbled for her phone. She darts down the hall and her door closes with a bang.

Celine groans and plops down the couch where Kate has just been. She props herself on her elbow to look at me. "I'm giving you permission to slap the living daylights out of me when I go like Kate when I get married, okay?"

I laughed at her and saluted. "Copy."

She hugs the pillow she brought from her and Kate's room and closed her eyes. Jamie and Janie settled on the floor. "What happened with her?" Jamie asked.

"And why are you up at seven in the morning?" Janie followed.

"She freaked out because her photographer backed out because of a broken leg. And I am awake at seven in the morning because I was trying to work on my sequel." I told them.

They rolled their eyes and stalked to the kitchen. "You know, if your book was about romance-" Janie said while she poured cereal on two bowls.

"-we would have our own copies of them." Jamie finished.

I shrug at them. They were the only people I know that were related to me and hated my book. Jamie and Janie can be very unsupportive and I knew how their gears worked so I didn't really bothered with them. I haven't even typed down a whole sentence when Kate barged in again. She was dressed and showered.

I lifted an eyebrow at her. She was grinning from ear to ear. "And where could you possibly be going?"

She turned and hugged me. Me being shock is an understatement. "You are soooo brilliant, little brother! I'm heading out to meet the new photographer. Bye!" she snatched her car keys from the peg and went out to the garage.

Nathalia, Althea and Bonnie stood in the kitchen, trying to hold their laughter. I glared at them and they all cracked up. Celine woke up with a jolt and fell down the couch. She whipped her head up as she scanned the room for Kate.

"I thought she'd never leave." she grumbled. She trudged of back to her room.

I shrugged and went back to work. I might as well savor the Kate-less house. Who knows how long she'll be out? Heaven only knows.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!"

I jumped ten feet in the air and my neck almost snapped as I whipped my head to the direction of the hall. Celine came out in only her towel, dripping wet, and in her hand lay a small rubber snail. She glared at Jamie and Janie who were trying their hardest to keep a straight face. "I'll freaking kill you both. Slow." she hissed.

The rest of my sisters laughed out, tears streaming down their faces. Celine stomps back to the bathroom banging the door.

The front door opens wide and two little boys and my other sister, Annie bursts in, smiling widely. "What did I miss?"

I bury my head in my hands. Great. Frickin-tastically great.