Day 2: The Sleep Deprived

Zacznij od początku

"Okay, campers! Time for part two of your challenge." I look at him confused as he smiled evilly at everyone.

"I thought eating was the second part." Owen said mouth stuffed with food.

"What more do want from us?"

"Weird goth girl is right. Haven't we been through enough?" Heather said earning a glare from Gwen.

"Um, let me think about that...NO! It's time for the awake-a-thon!" He said earning confused looks.

"The what-a-thon?" Owen asks as Chris jumps off the table.

"Don't worry, this is an easy one, the team with the last camper standing wins invincibility."

"So what you're saying is the 20k run and the turkey-eating frenzy were a part of your evil scheme to make it harder for us to stay awake?" Gwen asked angered.

"That's right Gwen." He said smiling.

"Man he's good." I nod agreeing with her.

"Move, move, move!!!" He says into the megaphone.

/"Mom always said eat to satisfy not to fill." I smile at the camera. "I got this in the bag no fire pit for the killer bass...as long as my 3ds stays alive." I say nervous.\

As I sit at the fire pit, I replayed Pokemon Soulsilver and Black 2 before it died. I realized that two other people were watching me play. I look to my left and see Cody looking at me and on my right Noah asleep. I look and see my team on the other side. Aw crud how'd this happen. I shrug. Great now I'm without my games. Might as well recite the pokedex. In a hushed whisper, not to wake up the guy next to me, I go through gen1-6 of pokemon twice before Chris arrives.

"Congratulations campers you've made it to the 24-hour mark. Time to take things up a notch." Chef appears in a pink lamb suit reminding me of my costume last year...yeah. Chris uncovers a stack of books. "Fairy tales," he says with a grin.

I sit up and look at him like is he serious? He picks up one of the books and starts to read it. "Once upon a time, there was inside this boring kingdom...a boring village and in this boring, sleepy village, filled with very boring children who did very boring things." I look around and see a lot of people asleep. I notice Cody on Owens butt. Um that's not going to end well. I watch as Cody wakes up after Own farted. I giggle as he looks at me and joins me on the ground.

"So, wanna keep each other up?" He asks. I look at him and smile.

"S-sure." He smiles making me blush. He ask get-to-know questions and I answer to the best of my abilities and I feel better talking to him.

"Favorite color?" He asks. I point at my clothes and respond.

"D-dark colors, yo-you?" He shrugs and leans back trying to be smooth, but ends up slipping and falling on his head. I giggle to which he smiles.

"So, what would you do with the money?" I look away.

"Find my father." He gasps as I turn back to him. "What's wrong?" His eyes are wide.

"You're not stuttering." I blush.

"I guess I trust you enough." I smile as he hugs me waking Noah beside me.

"What's going on?" He sees Cody hugging me. "What I miss?"

"Kaylub trusts me enough to talk without stuttering." He says smiling as he let's go of me allowing me to turn and look at Noah a bright blush on my face.

"Y-yeah I feel li-like I-I can t-trust h-him." I say not looking directly at Noah as I yawn. They both smile as I lay back down and look at the stars in the sky.

"What are you doing?" Noah asks laying down as Cody does the same.

"Making pokemon in the stars." I reply as I continue to do just that.

/"It takes a little bit of time for me to trust people enough to stop stuttering, so far only four people are in my inner circle. Eva, Noah, Cody, and DJ," I smile.\

Soon the stars started to disappear and my eyes started to close. I feel arms around me and I smile then my eyes snap open as I hear screams in both my ears. I sit up confused as both Noah and Cody, on either side of me, stop screaming, continue to blush, and get up as Chris sends everyone, except for me, Duncan, Eva, Heather, Trent, and Gwen, to bed or plainly away. I sit next to Eva who makes a tired attempt to smile my way. I smile her way instead.

"I didn't want it to come to this. I said that to Chef Hatchet last night. I said, "Chef, I don't want it to come to this," but darn it, these campers are tough, and so I've come up with the most boring, sleep-inducing activity I can find." Bring it. I say smiling. "The history of Canada. A pop-up book." Oh, sweet lillipup I'm screwed. I think as he start to read in a slow and tiring voice.

Soon enough I wake up in my bed. Wait how did I get here? I get up and exit seeing Eva tearing apart the girls cabin. I walk around and go into the showers. "I can't believe I was kissing a dude." I hear a voice say. It sounds like Cody.

"I know...but I kinda liked it." Noah.

"Same I'm glad Kaylub woke up after the kiss ended." I blushed. Kiss?

"He seemed to have just closed his eyes when we were waking up." Noah said.

"Yeah good thing too." They then exited the communal bathroom as I got dressed then exited myself with my hood covering my highly red face.

I see Eva get her mp3 player from Heather and thank her glad to have it back.

"So, sorry about that little misunderstanding. Guess no one stole it after all. Okay, maybe I overreacted a little." She chuckles.

/"If someone stole my 3ds, heads would be flying, it means the world to me, so how she reacted was perfectly reasonable."\

I sit with Eva at the fire pit.

/"I vote for Herold for peeing his pants." I shrug.\

"You've all cast your votes and made your decision. There are only ten marshmallows on this plate. When I call your name, come up and claim your marshmallow. The camper who does not receive a marshmallow must Immediately return to the dock of shame, catch the boat of losers, and leave. And you can never come back...ever. The first marshmallow goes to Duncan." I smile knowing he wasn't going home. "Kaylub, Bridgette, Courtney, Katie and Sadie, Tyler, DJ, Geoff." Eva looked worried so I smiled a reassuring smile. "Campers, this is the final marshmallow of the evening." He built the suspense. "Herold," He said finally. "Eva the dock of shame awaits." I looked shocked at Eva who got angry. She turns to everyone except me.

"Nice, really nice. Who needs this stupid T.V. show anyway?" She then walks over to Chris kicking his shin.

"Ow, have a good night's sleep tonight." He says while clutching his leg. He turns to us. "You're all safe." I go over to Eva.

"I didn't vote for you. I think you should have stayed." I say. She smiles at me like an older sister.

"Buh-bye Eva." Courtney says waving and smiling. I glare at her. She just ruined us by voting off our strongest member...I don't like her. Eva turns around with a sharp stick and chucks it towards Courtney's head. I smile and clap a small silent cheer. "Touchy." I head back to the cabin not joining the circle the team was making.

I just finished charging my 3ds when the guys entered and went to sleep. Herold started to snore keeping everyone else up as I was competing in pokemon tournaments via wireless connection. I found out the password to Chris's wifi. I kept playing since there was no way I was going to get any sleep with Herold snoring.