Staying at V's Home and Realization

V was cooking egg in a basket, while I was reading one of the books he had. I walked over, when he finished and saw his hands, then he reached for his gloves, but I stopped him by grabbing his hands. "What happened to you?" I whispered.

"These are the effects of what I did years ago." He answered and I released his hands, but instead of putting his gloves back on, he cupped my face in his hands. "Why is it you do not fear me?" He asked.

"What is there to fear?" I asked and we leaned closer, then we heard footsteps, making us quickly step away from each other. "V? Tori?" Evey asked and we turned around.

"I just wanted to apologize for my reaction last night. I understand what you did for us and I want you to know we're grateful. Your hands." She said and he quickly put his gloves back on, then he gave us the eggs along with tea.

We ate and he told us he stole it from the Chancellor. "You're insane." She told him. "I dare do all that may become of a man. Who dares more is none." He told us.

"Macbeth." I said, recognizing it and Evey smiled. "Very good." He told me.

"Our mum, she used to read all his plays to us and ever since I've always wanted to act." She told him. "And what about you Victoria?" He asked.

"I prefer music rather than acting. I specialize in singing actually." I told him. "Where's your mother now?" He asked and we froze.

"She's dead." Evey answered and he apologized. "Can I ask about what you said on the telly?" I asked and he nodded.

"Did you mean it?" Evey asked. "Every word." He answered.

"You really think blowing up Parliament's going to make this country a better place?" I asked. "There's no certainty only opportunity." He answered and Evey told him that others would die if they did as he said.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." He said and explained his plan.

Time skip

I was preparing for bed, when I heard a knock on the door. "Victoria?" I quickly pulled up my nightdress to cover myself. "Yes?" I asked and the door opened, but I kept my back turned to him.

"Where did you get that scar?" He asked and I tried to hide it, but he gripped my shoulders, stopping me. "Please tell me." He begged softly.

"When I was being experimented on, if I didn't behave a man would whip me. This scar is hideous and I don't want anyone to see it." I told him, but he didn't release me from his hold and placed his hands on my hips, bringing my back to his chest. "It is not, this scar shows how strong you are." He whispered as he trailed his hands up on my sides.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "It shows how you are able to withstand something that causes you so much pain." He answered and his hands trailed up to my shoulders.

"I must leave to begin my vengeance." He whispered into my ear. "Whom are you going to see?" I asked.

"Commander Prothero." He answered and my eyes widened. "You are the man that was in room 5." I whispered.

"How did you know?" He asked. "Where you were held, was where I was experimented on. He is the one that gave me this scar." I answered and I felt his grip tighten.

"Then I will get vengeance for the two of us. I shall return." He whispered, then left and I went to sleep.