9

Chapter 9 

19:23

Amstelveen 

"Noelle, when are you going?" Elena shouted to Noelle, who was in her room, getting ready. 

"In ten minutes, mom," Noelle yelled back, turning up the music. Martijn Garritsen invited her for a date, but it wouldn't have been so special, if this day wasn't New Year's Day. He asked her to go together to a restaurant and then to watch a movie in the cinema. 

She never felt this excited in her life. After their kiss, he asked her if she wanted to be his girlfriend and obviously, she agreed. That day was one of the best in her life and she promised to herself, that she will never forget it - it will always stay somewhere in her heart.  

In the mirror, she could see a stunning reflection of herself, wearing her outfit for today's evening. It consisted of a gold, sequin dress, that had thin straps and showed her back; a plain, white t-shirt, that she wore under it and leather, ankle-high boots, that had a medium-length heel. 

Smiling at herself in her dresser's mirror, she took out her make-up and sat on the chair. She put on her foundation, simultaneously humming to the song, that was playing. She wanted her make-up to be simple, since she thought, that there was enough sparkles on her dress. 

She applied bronze eyeshadow onto her eyelid and then lined her eyes with a dark-bronze eye-pencil, that made her eyes stand out a bit more. After completing her look with pink lipgloss, she got up, switched off the music and put everything she needed into her cream bag with a long strap.

Since it was very cold outside, she put on her black coat on top. Closing the door behind her back as she exited the room, she quickly walked down the stairs and acknowledged her mother with a happy smile. 

"You look beautiful," Elena exclaimed, eyeing her daughter's outfit. 

"Indeed, she does," Alfred joked from the kitchen, smiling. 

"Thanks, guys," Noelle grinned opening the door outside. Martin's car was already parked there, waiting for her. Stepping outside, she heard her mother say a quick enjoy. 

Smiling at Martijn, who was checking her out from the car, she quickly got inside. 

"Hey," he greeted her, still staring in awe. 

"Hi, Martijn" Noelle replied, giving him a genuine smile. "Ready to celebrate?" 

"Of course," he said, starting the engine. "Ready for the most delicious pizza you'll ever have?" 

"Obviously," Noelle smirked, as they drove away, to the centre of the city. Bright city lights shone in the dark, lighting up Amsterdam, making it look warmer and friendlier, rather than scary.

Noelle looked out of the window, smiling to herself. She was waiting for this day for too long and it finally came - her, riding in the car with the boy she liked, a lot.

The lit-up, narrow streets were empty and it wasn't surprising, because many people spent that evening with close friends and family. The beautiful buildings overlooked the town from above, nearly every single one having lights shine through the tall windows.