Ugly Duckling just became the Hot Player

The reason 

“I love you Penny,” the boy declared with a weak voice, his hands trembling at his sides as he waited for her reply. Penelope was the cutest girl in school, with long golden waves that reached her back and light blue sapphire eyes that seemed to sparkle endlessly. Every male in the campus had a crush on her and she didn’t much as glance in interest at the poor souls.

            “Hmn?” She raised her perfect eyebrow and rolled her eyes at his nervous state. “Look here fatso,” she began with irritation laced in her tone. “There is no way in hell a guy like you can ever be with me, you get it? What is the point in confessing to a girl like me when you already know I’m going to reject you?” Her words were so shocking to his ears that he stood frozen as a plank; his eyes widened and mouth agape.

            “Is that so…” his voice faltered as he struggled to grasp the rejection, it felt as if a boulder had descended over him rendering him from speech and movement. He knew that she wouldn’t like him…yet there was that small hope that had flourished the first time she helped him during class. Liam had ever since gazed at her in a new fluorescent light, he noticed her expressions and her gentle hand that was always helping others.

            Even now it was difficult for him to take in this persona that he had never witnessed before; she wasn’t the girl he had harbored a crush on for the past few months…no he didn’t know who this rude girl was.

            Without sparing her another glance, frightened of the enraged expression on her face he turned away and did the only thing he could do…he ran. For the first time he had skipped school and had taken shelter in a tall hill that let him see the sea in its brilliance.

            With his arms on his knees and his head raised up he cried a million of tears until his cheeks were dry from them. He would like to say that wasn’t his first love, but it was and he wasn’t too keen on falling for any girl from fear of being rejected like today.

            If only he was like his brother who had all the women fawning over him and the men look up to him for his abilities in the football team. But he wasn’t like his brother; he was the black sheep in his family and will forever be only that.

            As he stood up on his aching legs he decided to head back home, the sun had been swallowed whole by the sea and the dark sky sent a chill over him. He pushed the thick glasses back over his nose, and crossed his arms over his chest.

            Along the way to his house Alice had run up to him with a worried look crossing her smooth features, she had sweat underling her forehead and was breathing heavily. “Liam, I finally found you,” she let a breath of relief and I blinked in confusion.

            “You were looking for me?” Liam gasped his cheeks blushing at the nice friend he had. She nodded her head her ponytails swaying as she did so, he looked more closely at Alice. And saw the way her cheeks were flamed probably from all the running she did.

            “You weren’t at school or at your house so David and I decided to look for you. Liam you really made us worried,” she scolded in that motherly tone, he was grateful for her concern but he didn’t feel like smiling at her tone.

            “Sorry,” he mumbled under his breath, his head bent low as the memories flashed through his mind. Somehow instead he thought of his deceased parents and wondered why he was so unlucky to lose them and get broken hearted when he was already weak.

            Alice noticed the shaking and her shoulders sank for her poor friend who always seemed to be suffering. She had heard about the rejection but hadn’t thought it would be that bad. Now she wanted nothing more than take all his pain away, after all he is more than a neighbor. He was her best friend, the one who understood her best.

            “It’s alright Liam,” she reassured as she patted his shoulder awkwardly. She hadn’t known of his dark wishes and desires, the ones that included making him disappear from this cruel world.

            He vowed that day that he would eliminate his worthless self, and change into someone who didn’t take pity and bullying. Liam was going to change and he was going to be somebody everybody can be jealous of, have all the girls at his feet. Yes, he will become just like his brother.