Chapter 16

The day of the wedding was finally here. Ginny, Fleur, and Tonks were in Ginny's bedroom helping Hermione get ready. Fleur was styling her hair into an elaborate French braid, Ginny was doing her make-up, and Tonks was arranging her bouquet of flowers. Hermione had picked out roses, daisies, orchids, and pink geraniums. Fleur finished the braid and placed her veil delicately on top. Ginny dusted Hermione's cheeks with pale pink blush and sat back, admiring her work with satisfactory.
"I believe you are ready," Ginny said.
Tonks completed the bouquet and turned around, gasping in surprise. "Hermione, you look absolutely stunning!"
"Well, I should certainly hope so!" Fleur smiled.
"Oh, man, I am terrified!" Hermione said anxiously.
Tonks frowned. "Why?"
"What if something goes wrong?" she fretted.
"'Mione, getting married is a breeze. You've nothing to worry about!" Tonks assured her. "Take it from us. We've been through this," she said, meaning herself and Fleur.
Hermione took a deep breath. "Ok, I'm ready."

Draco straightened his tie for about the 3rd time. "Do I look okay?" He asked nervously.
Harry sighed. "Draco, you have asked that twice already."
"Oh...well, I suppose I'm just-" he broke off as soon as he saw Hermione. Since her father had passed away some years ago, she had wanted Remus Lupin to give her away. She was breathtaking. She almost seemed to glow as she walked down the aisle, the organ playing slowly. He took a deep breath and stood up, meeting her at the altar. He glanced at the crowd and saw that his mother was crying. He refocused and faced Hermione.

The ceremony seemed to go by quickly. It felt like only a few minutes had passed before the words were spoken.
"Do you, Draco Lucius Malfoy, take this woman to be you lawfully wedded wife?"
Draco gazed into Hermione's shimmering eyes. "I do," he said firmly.
"And do you, Hermione Jean Granger, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
Hermione squeezed his hand softly. "I do," she said evenly.
"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."
Draco swept Hermione into his arms, kissing her long and thoroughly. Tjsy pulled apart and walked back down the aisle, the audience cheering and throwing flower petals. Finally married, both Draco and Hermione thought as they went through the shower of petals.

"Congratulations, Hermione! I knew I would have never had a shot with you," Seamus Finnigan said jokingly, hugging her quickly.
Hermione rolled her eyes, smiling. "Still the regular jokester, aren't you, Seamus?"
"He gets it from us!" Fred and George, the Weasley twins, called. She made her way to the food table where Ginny and Fleur were chatting.
Ginny saw her approaching and called, "'Mione, was Seamus hitting on you even after your marriage?"
Hermione sniggered. "No, but you wish he'd hit on you!"
Ginny glared at her. "Hermione Granger, you know full well I have never had any interest in Seamus Finnigan. Plus, I have a boyfriend!" The trio laughed.
"That's Hermione Malfoy, Miss Weasley," Hermione said, attemping to keep a straight face but miserably.

After everyone had eaten, it was time for the newlyweds' first dance together. The guests watched in awe as Draco twirled Hermione, dipped her, and picked her up and spun her in the air.
"I didn't know either of them could dance," Ginny whispered to Harry.
He shook his head. "Neither did I."
The song ended, and the two exited the dance floor and sat beside Ginny.
"You two were fabulous!" she said.
"Thanks! We practiced a bit at the rehearsal," Hermione said breathlessly.

The reception lasted until about 11:00 before people started leaving. A few stayed to help clean up afterwards. It was almost 1:00 in the morning by the time they had finished.
Hermione collapsed into a chair and said, "That was fantastic. Let's all go home now."
They bid each other goodnight and headed home to bed.