Capítulo Uno: La Playa (The Beach)

Start from the beginning

With him blunt as a spoon, there's no need for softness. "Do you know Robin Hood? Think of it like wealth redistribution."

"A flimsy argument."

"These people won't miss it. May not even notice."

"Implausible at best."

"What are you, a lawyer."

He smirks. His massive arms press down like lead weights on her shoulders.

"Look, do they deserve your concern?" she asks just as a bleached blond man projectile vomits into a bush, recovers, and then yells, "God Bless 'Murica" which is raucously echoed by his brethren.

"Hardly," the American finds it a challenge to watch too.

"Then you must be their enforcer," she says but doesn't believe it. His aura is intense. Calling him a bodyguard has the same effect as calling Raul a kitten.

Raul, her Beta, who reduces men to clumps of blood and tissue.

"Something like that." He chuckles darkly. "Empty your pockets. Return what you've stolen and I'll forget you came here tonight."

"This is our land. Our earth. You are the trespasser here so what makes you think you can order me around."

"¿Rosa, qué estás haciendo?"

Damn. She instantly quiets, hearing her name spoken angrily by Raul, her Beta.

She wrests herself from the American wolf's grip and lowers her eyes to avoid Raul's gaze.

She's known Raul since they were children and long before learning there is a mile-long difference between ranking wolf and pack peon.

"Rosalinda," Raul continues. Her full name rolling off his tongue elicits shivers. Raul ignores the American, "Cuando digo 'los americanos son peligrosos', tu oíste 'va a la playa y baila con ellos'." Why are you here?

"Raul, no. Es mi culpa, yo sé." I know, it's my fault.

A throat clears.

Raul finally acknowledges the American, "Can I help you?" It's rude and brash. Everything Raul is. He doesn't expect a response to his practiced intimidation.

"I hope you can. I've been sent by Alpha Eavan Gallows to claim lands. Concessions owed to us from the war."

"Name and rank," Raul orders. The topic is a touchy one.

"Beta Cristoph. Blue Moon Pack."

"Raul Enrique Sandoval, Beta of the Lobos Blancos," Raul introduces himself with great pretense. The White Wolves. "And what is it you are demanding exactly, Cristoph?"

Raul barely says the words before a beautiful girl wraps her hands around Raul's back and slurs into his ear, "Alejandroooo. Let's go."

The look of her long fingernails clasping onto Raul's broad shoulders makes Rosa want to tear them off, one by one.

Rosa lets out a raspy growl and soon two male wolves and one very frightened human are throwing her the same expression.

"He is not your Alejandro."

"My mistake," the girl has the decency to look terrified as she unlatches from Raul. "Sorry." The girl's retreating figure trips over the patio furniture. "I'm so sorry, forgive me."

But honestly, Rosa has sinned worse. She's acted possessively over a man she has no rights to.

"Any opportunity to frighten the tourists," Raul dismisses with a cool voice.