Chapter Ten

******Avery******
"This one is so cute!" Harper held up a pink onesie that had a little tutu attached at the bottom. As my due date came closer he more nervous I got, Harper couldn't stop talking about her little niece and shopping for the baby seemed to be the only thing on her mind. The prospect laughed as Harper squealed, a lot of the prospects have become afraid of her because she had throat punched one of them not to long ago. "Oh, I love this!"

"Uh, Harper, aren't I supposed to approve of all of this?" I chuckled and Harper gave me a death glare.

"Just cause you're the mom doesn't mean you get to decide what the baby wears." She declared as she set another set of onesies in the cart. I shook my head, smiling as Sparrow came back over to us, a bag from another store in her hand.

"What did you get?" I asked and Sparrow shrugged.

"It's a surprise," she winked and I chuckled. The prospect's phone rang while we continued to shop. Harper seemed to be way too happy and Sparrow and I were getting freaked out.

"Okay, what gives Harper?" Sparrow finally asked. "You've been acting all weird. And more than usual."

"We're not telling anyone yet." She sighed and I smacked her arm.

"Well, tell us anyway." I rolled my eyes and it didn't take that much convincing.

"Okay, fine." She sighed as a huge smile appeared on her face. "I'm pregnant!"

"Seriously??" Sparrow and I both jumped her, hugging her. "That's exciting!"

"Now, Nova and Sparrow just have to have kids." I laughed as Sparrow's eyes got real big. "Cody and Sniper would make great daddy's!"

"Stop it..." Sparrow rolled her eyes.

"Oh, come on, we're not stupid." Harper giggled, "He brings you lunch or dinner everyday on the job. And you two are always talking."

"We're just really good friends." She defended, her voice not sounding like her usual spunky self.

"Do you want to be more?" I asked and her face fell.

"I don't know," she shook her head. "It's complicated."

"Welcome to the club." I grinned and she laughed. "I know how you feel. Just do us and him a favor, give him a chance."

"Fine," she sighed. "But only if he takes the first step."

"Seems like a good deal." Harper shrugged and the prospect came walking back over.

"Sorry, Miss Harper, but Pierce needs all of you back now." Prospect looked timid and I tried not to laugh.

"Everything alright?" Harper asked after we paid for all of the items that she insisted on getting.

"Pierce will explain," we climbed into the SUV and my nerves were starting to get the best of me. Harper linked her hand with mine, giving it a comforting squeeze. We pulled in and my first instinct was to find Slasher but he was no where to be seen.

"Where's Slash?" I asked and Pierce sighed, Harper wrapping her arms around him. "Pierce, where's Slasher?"

"He went out with a few of the guys to help with a run." He shook his head. "They were on their way back when the cops pulled them over."

"Okay?" I felt like my stomach fell to the ground.

"He's being processed for..." Pierce clenched his jaw. "For possession charges, found some on his bike."

"Slasher doesn't use," I shook my head and I felt Sparrow wrap her arms around me.

"We know," Pierce hated drugs, the club never used them and hardly ever shipped them. "We're gonna figure it out, Avery."

"Yea," I stiffened my spine as we were led into the club. "Hey, Sparrow, they gonna let you go for work?"

"Yea, Sniper's watching my though." She shrugged, "Why?"

"I need you to find my mother and give her my number." I clenched my fist, she was getting on my nerves.

"Okay?" Sparrow raised an eyebrow at me. "But why, you hate your mother?"

"Because I'm pretty sure that sneaky bitch has something to do with this."

********

"Mother..." I growled into the phone. I was so done with all of this, I wanted to live my own life. "Get him out, now!"

"I don't know what you mean?" She played dumb, like she always did. "I'm really disappointed in you, Avery Simone, I thought you'd have better judgement then getting knocked up by a drug dealer."

"Dominic is not a drug dealer!" I hollered and everyone looked at me. "You planted those drugs, just like you did with Max's ex-husband. You do this every time we do something you don't approve of or doesn't go exactly to your plan."

"I'm trying to show you, Avery." I could hear the disdain in my mother's voice. "I'm trying to show you that a biker," the word held so much venom that I physically flinched. "Is not father material. Bikers are not family material."

"My family is this club, they've been better then my own blood." I seethed, "Eva and Philly are more of mother than you. And as for Dominic..." I took a deep breath. "He will be an amazing father. More so than Wes would ever be. So, either get him out, since you're the one to put him in. Or I'll tell Max that exactly what happened with Toby. Or tell dad what happened before I left for college." There was a long pause, I knew I had gotten to her. Two nights before I left for college I caught my mom with my uncle, I never talked about it. I hated them both, my dad wasn't a bad man. In fact, he hates the idea of me marrying Wes but what my mother wants she gets.

"I'll get him out." She hissed, "But watch yourself, Avery Simone. You may not have wanted to be a Senator's wife but you sure would make a good one. Maybe you're more like me then you thought."

"I'm nothing like you." My knuckles were turning white as I gripped he phone. "I don't cheat. I don't lie. And I certainly don't send a father to prison for something he didn't do. Now, get my biker out of jail and don't ever fucking speak to me again."