chapter 12

Cassy drove the car to the hospital,her whole mind thinking about gabriel.How can a woman chose between profession and her mate ,both were someting special for her.People would sacrifice what they love to do for their family or other reasons but will they  ever be happy.What they sacrificed would always be like a scar in their hearts wouldnt it ,reminding them sometimes what they lost in the name of sacrifice.Should i sacrifice and if i  regret later,though i would be with my mate ,i will be happy right,or will it slowly eat me up from not doing what i love.Her thoughts confused between logic and emotion.

She dropped mike in the hospital and while she was about to take her car out she saw caeser walking out of the hospital walking towards the parkong lot.She saw him taking the car and leaving the hospital. A thought popped in her mind she remebered gabriel's faint smell coming from this hospital last time when she came to drop mike here.

Cassy got out of the vehicle and walked into the hospital following the trail of scent from the parking lot where caeser parked his car.She passed through the counters and to the stairs.She reached the first floor and stopped infront of a room with a name board VERONICA.Cassy turned to her left and right to see if any one was noticing and when none where she slowly walked into the room closing the door silently.She could smell a werewolf inside but the smell of snow and pine told her that it is a young one who hasnt shifted yet.

"Who's there" an innocent,but a little scared voice asked.

The girl must have smelled cassy.Cassy slowly walked towards the screen and slowly exposed it to find a girl about fifteen years old,blue eyes,blonde hair,a very pretty face with a stitch over her forehead and a cast over her left leg.The girl's eyes showed panic and she was really scared.

"Who are you" She asked with hesitation.

"Hi there i am officer cassy from the" before cassy could finish her statement the girl let out a happy squeal and pulled cassy towards her catching her arm and gave her a tight embrace with tears trickling down her face.

"I have been dying to meet you" the girl said "I am veronica gabriel's sister by the way, and you are cassy right from the fbi Gabe  brothers mate"

Cassy was stunned,it was a surprise ,who is this girl,how did she know her,how did she know about gabe and her being mates and finally there were no records of gabriel having a sister.

"You are gabriels sister."Cassy asked with curiousity,she wanted answers now.Her wolf as well as her was kind of pissed ,they had no idea about her mate,only thing she knew about him was he is a gangster ,a hardcore criminal with only caeser and cecille as his trusted guards.She had no idea about his family or why he chose to be a gangster.May be she could get some answers from this girl she thought.

"Yes he adopted me"veronica smiled sheepishly.

"Huh adopted you ?"

"Yeah,sorry didnt gabriel tell you about me.He has told me loads about you,"

Cassy gave a weak smile "uh no, we havent been talking much you know."

"Oh,gabe told me that you havent gone on a date yet,or had some quality time with each other so that is why you dont know about me.Its fine ,he adopted me as his sister only yesterday."She said.

"But how come are you in the hospital,where are your parents veronica.Well if you dont want to talk about it i will understand"

"I am a rogue cassy ,my parents were rogues,so i was born as one .My parents were killed infront of my eyes by a group of rogues and men from a gang and they kidnapped me.They took me to a house and,and they tried to."she started crying.

Cassy walked upto her and gave her a warm embrace rocking her and whispering soothing words that everything will be fine and it is all over now.

Veronica wiped her tears and gave a smile "sorry about that,but nothing happened i guess because i blacked out when they hit me and when i woke up i was in this hospital with gabriel,caeser and cecille beside me.I told them what i told you ,that i have no one now,no place to go,gabe just smiled at me cassy,he just took my hand and asked me whether i would like to be their sister.I couldnt believe my ears you know ,who would take in a rogue ,you just met, i dont know i felt i was safe,i belonged some where cassy ,i just nodded my head.They all kissed my forehead and they said welcome to our family.I thought it is some kind of a dream,a joke may be but no yesterday gabriel showed me the papers cassy now i am officially his sister and i have a family now cassy."She said it with pride and joy.

Cassy gave a big smile her mate wasnt a heartless criminal,there is something about him she cannot figure about him.wait a second a question popped in her head "Veronica i am sorry to pry but do you remeber how many people were there when they kidnapped you."

"There were five of them three shifters and two humans.The three shifters took me to the basement and hurted me,why cassy."she spoke  with a little discomfort .

"Nothing just curious" cassy said.So gabriel and his men killed those five men to rescue this girl she thought.But why would he,again her thoughts started wandering.

Her thoughts were interrupted when her phone rang,she took out her phone to see it was emmanuel calling.She answered "yeah ,wats up."

"Nothing cassy,just worried about you it is been an hour since you had gone to drop mike and you havent come home yet."

"Ah sorry,just caught with some work will be there soon."cassy said before she hung up."I gotta go "she said it smiling at veronica.

"Uh ok will you visit me again"She asked with hesitation.

"Of course"cassy said it giving a kiss over her forehead before she walked out of the room.

When she was about to leave she heard mike's voice in a distance "When is the surgery doctor and how much will it cost."His voice sounded hurt and desperate.

"Tomorrow morning at 6 am,and dont worry about the money Gabriel had already taken care of everything." an unfamiliour voice spoke.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys,

                        merry christmas.By the way guys hope you like it and since i am not getting any comments ,suggestions and voted from you i have decided to make my next upload only when i get atleast 4-5 comments and about 20 votes.I am sorry guys i am not sure whether you like my writing or not so if you want more please let me know by your comments and votes :-)

                                                                                                 with love

                                                                                                                             deepak