Long Time No See

Rachel's P.O.V~

I love my job don't get me wrong but the late nights honestly suck. Most of the time we don't have any patients so we wait around and do nothing.

I made a quick coffee run to try and keep myself awake when my pager started going off. Huh finally some action. I run back to the hall to see a bunch of doctors surrounding a bed.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"We have a man who just got flown in from over seas. He was shot three times and needs to be brought in for surgery right away. Berry, Lopez, Evans I need your guys help in the operating room okay?"

We all nodded and got suited up. All of us file in when the chief tells us what we are going to do.

With one glance at the patients face I feel like I'm going to vomit. This can't be. I'm dreaming. Come on Rachel wake up. Three years and he's back, well not really he's in horrible condition.

I can't do this.

"Chief I'm sorry I know this man and I can't. Can Jones fill in for me?" I ask hesitantly

"Fine. Be quick to get Jones, the clock is ticking."

My heart started racing even faster if that was possible. "The clock it ticking." This can't be it for Finn.

After Jones gets in there and they start I wait at the desk anxiously checking any and all updates on Finn's condition. I shouldn't care this much but I do. He may have wronged me but I loved him and now his life is in danger.

After a long six hours of surgery they all come out looking relieved. The chief walks over to me and explains that Finn is in stable condition and should be waking up soon. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't relieved that he was.

Since everyone else was exhausted from the surgery they had asked if I could keep and eye on Finn. Did I want to? No. But it's my job and I had too.

I walk into the room to check on his vitals. I can't help but look at his face. His beautiful bruised face. He still looks the same but a lot more buff. He looks like my old Finn. What are you saying Rachel? Snap out of it. Jesse, Jesse, Jesse.

I'm finishing up adding another sailing bag to Finn's IV when I hear a quiet but all so familiar voice,

"Long time no see, huh?"