Chapter 20: The Battle Begins

Hello all! Sorry it took so long for me to get a chapter written. Things have been kind of crazy around here. I started a new job at the end of May, and I don't exactly have a regular schedule (sometimes I work mornings, sometimes afternoons, sometimes everyday for a week straight, sometimes only a couple times a week, etc.) but I finally forced myself to sit down today and get something written. I wanted to have this story done a LONG time ago, but life seems to get the better of me as of recent, so I apologize. I hope to be more regular in updating the last few chapters of this story, and I don't think that will be a problem since I have found my muse for this story once again.

Also, I have a really BAD idea for this story, so you all should let me know if I should do the thing or not in the comments. Seriously.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy Chapter 20!

*******************************************************************

"And if we should die tonight, then we should all die together, raise a glass of wine for the last time..." ~ I See Fire, Ed Sheeran

            As Audrey and Draco rejoined their friends and family in the living room, a crack of thunder shook the Burrow. A storm was beginning to push through, heavy rain pelting the window pane. It had caught the entire group off guard as none of them had been paying attention to the weather while discussing the plans of attack against the Death Eaters in event of another encounter. Artemis, the one closest to the window, peered out, trying to see past the rain hitting the window. However, he didn't stay in the window for long.

            After only looking out for just a few seconds, he quickly pulled away, shouting 'take cover' before ducking behind the wall just in time for a spell to come crashing through the window. It began ricocheting around the room, the rest of the room's occupants attempting to dodge it, and the chaos finally stopped when it broke a vase.

            "Death Eaters," Artemis muttered. "They're here."

            Before he or anyone else could say another word, another spell broke through the window, and then another from one of the other windows. This was only the beginning of the onslaught of spells that were now rocking the building in addition to the storm outside. A panic erupted throughout the group, everyone rushing about trying to dodge the spells coming in through the windows. Throughout the chaos, Draco grabbed Audrey by the hand and led her quickly up the stairs to Ginny's room, where he hoped she would be out of harm's way.

            Draco sat his wife down in a nearby chair before kneeling to make eye contact with her. "I want you to stay up here, okay?" he requested. "You'll be safe here." He paused before speaking again. "Do not leave to come fight, unless for some reason you're provoked and have no other choice."

            "But Draco-"

            "-no buts. Stay here. I want you and the baby safe, and this offers the best chance for that," he interrupted. "When it's safe, I'll come back for you." The blond paused once again. "I love you. I'll see you soon."

            Audrey swallowed her pride for a moment and answered, "I love you too." And with that, Draco left her sitting in the darkness of Ginny's room alone, shutting the door behind him.

            The girl took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down, but with all the explosions and screaming it was hard to keep composed. Her friends and family were down there fighting, and here she was, locked up in a room away from it all. A helpless feeling grew in her stomach, a nausea setting in. She was supposed to stay up here and remain safe, but in good conscience she knew she needed to help her friends and family.