Chapter 1

You put away your notebook in your bag after a very furious lecture in the English lesson. Now it was everyone's favorite time of the day, lunch time. You went all the way to canteen seeing the mass of students.

'Wow there are a lot of people in this school.' You thought. You found a lone table a little far from the students since you weren't too fond of crowds. You got out your bento starting to grab one of the omelettes you made until a voice stopped you.

"U-Uh excuse me.."

You looked up seeing the chubby brunette who sat in front of you. His face decorated with just freckles. You saw him fidgeting and that he looked a little nervous.

"D-Do you mind if I sit here? There's no space anywhere else." He asked in a quiet voice.

You blinked but gave a simple nod to him. He breathed out a sigh and sat himself across from you. You stared at him for a second or two before going back to eating your lunch. After a few minutes the boy spoke up again.

"So you're the new transfer student (L/n)-san right? How is your first day going?" He suddenly asked.

You stared at him and blinked, a little shocked someone wanted to get to know you of all people. Then again, you were new and no one had knowledge of your little problem.

"Uh..." The boy drawled out awaiting your answer.

You breathed out a sigh, and got out both a pen and some paper.

Uh, my day is going well I guess. But it's kind of nerve wracking, I don't know anyone here.

You handed it to him and he read it over.
He smiled at you, "Well that's good to hear (L/n)-san, and yes I agree the first time here is always the hardest. I would be willing to help you along the way. T-That is if you want." He said once again becoming nervous.

"I'm Kubota Yoshinobu by the way." He added.

You smiled a bit and nodded at his introduction.

"(L/n)-san if I might ask, why don't you talk?" He asked.

To the question, you frowned and gave another silent sigh. People always asked you this question, once they got the answer they either look at you in pity or would make fun of you for it. You hated it, and always tried your best to not reveal your secret. Kubota noticed your uncomfortable gaze and started panicking.

"Y-You don't have to tell me r-right away." He said.

You shook your head and wrote your answer in a record speed.

No, I can tell you're that curious. The problem is that I'm silent, I don't like saying mute it's kind of...derogatory in a sense to me. It's a medical problem called Anaphora. I know it's sad, but please don't pity me. I kind of don't like the pity because I feel..I don't know weak.

He read the words over carefully and you saw the understanding in his eyes.

"Oh, that's ok (L/n)-san. But actually I'm amazed you made it this far. Doing your best without speaking." He said.

It's been hard.

You wrote, he nodded once again in understanding. For some time during the lunch period you started a full conversation with Kubota talking of the school, what it's like, and even some interests of the two of you.

"Heeeeh, so you like writing?" He asked. You just smiled and nodded feverently.

I love writing because I feel like I'm in my own world full of my favorite things. I live for creativity.

Your conversation continued until a male voice interrupted you two.

"Kubota-kun..." You two saw Sakamoto standing in front there with a bowl of ramen in his hands.

"So this is where you were." He said with a monotone voice.

"Uh, yeah I just wanted to sit next to the new student since she's all alone." Kubota explained.

"Oh?" He looked at you with analytical eyes. You blinked and wrote quickly down on your notebook paper.

Your name is Sakamoto right? I didn't have the chance to thank you this morning for showing me to the classroom. Quite a coincidence I got put in your class am I right?

You gave a little playful smile showing your friendly side. He read over your note but still looked at you with the same expression.

"Yes it is quite the coincidence. You don't need to thank me. It's nice to finally meet you." He said. He sat down next to Kubota with a steaming bowl of Ramen in his hands. You observed him, in your eyes everything from his poise, to his looks, to even how he ate screamed elegance and cool. It felt both impressive and overwhelming.

"I'm wondering why you transferred so close to exam week (L/n)-san." Sakamoto said.

Blame my brother. I begged my brother to at least let me transfer next semester, but nope. We needed to open the new store immediately.

"Store?" Kubota asked.

Book store.

"A book store hm?" Sakamoto mumbled, he sounded interested.

Yeah, I live right next to it.

"When are you opening?" Kubota asked.

Tomorrow possibly.

"Sounds exciting right Sakamoto-kun?" Kubota whispered and elbowed Sakamoto slightly. Sakamoto just looked at him confused.
"If possible we could ask (L/n)-chan if we could study there." Kubota said. You tapped your finger on the table to get their attention while raising a brow.

What are you two whispering about?

"Studying for exams." Kubota said. You made an 'O' shape with your mouth followed by a silent sigh.

I'm gonna have to catch up on everything. I only have a month and few weeks. This sucks!

You frowned deeply, your schoolwork will now take a majority of your time. Especially math, how you despised the subject of torture.

"Do you think you'll need help?" Kubota asked.

I don't know, let me see what I'm dealing with.

Sakamoto eyed you curiously as if observing your every move like a predator. You didn't take notice and instead inwardly freaked out over your incoming schoolwork. You shook your head trying to calm your nerves and immediately went to your drafts. A fresh white page was waiting for you to express your ideas on. You wrote quickly on the paper drowning out the noise of the chattering students.

"Wow (L/n)-chan you write very fast." Kubota commented. You looked up distracted to see Sakamoto and Kubota staring at you and your draft. Your cheeks burned in embarrassment as you hid your work slightly.

I'm sorry, I just get so lost in writing.

"No problem (L/n)-san, but lunch is almost over." Kubota pointed out. You nodded and swiftly gathered your things and then sprinting out of the lunchroom.
"Huh that was strange." Kubota commented. Sakamoto, however, just stood there silently with his gaze locked on your retreating form. He then caught sight of a book sitting on the table. He took it and glanced at it curiously through, ever so glancing between it and the direction you ran.
----------------------------------

A/N: Ok so uh, I know I kind of abandoned this for a while. But I kind of had a writer's block. Also Sakamoto is kind of difficult to write in character, considering that the series is pretty short. But I'm gonna try my best. Updates still might be slow cause my college course sure do hate free time. Once again I apologize. And next chapter will be more interaction with the coolest guy on Earth.