Capricorn

The clattering of armor, leather, and steel echoed in the dark stone hallways of the castle. Servants kept to their own tasks and did not flinch to the arrival of the heir of Capricorn. The people of this kingdom were simple beings who lived to pursue knowledge or create a philosophy about their identity or human nature. Being so caught up in their own studies, socialization wasn't often seen between co-workers or strangers.

Prince Giovanni saw a lady of the court managing the servants who had began redecorating the dull, dreary scenery of the castle. He knew this particular lady fondly, as she was a dear friend to his younger sister. With a chipper vibe, he called out to her "Me and Zack are off to hunt with General Ross. We should be back before sundown."

"Shouldn't you be telling your sister that, Gio?"

Giovanni laughed heartedly as he placed a dagger to the strap in his thigh and fastened the leather. He was the eldest of King Torvald's children, feeling an obligation that he should be able to do as he pleased. At the moment, talks with her seemed to be the new source of entertainment.  Keyara Farfello wondered why he spent his time having chaste talks with her when he should have other princely things to attend to. Besides, Keyara was too busy decorating, designing, and preparing feasts to be in deep conversation.

"I'm sure you'll tell her yourself", he grinned knowingly. "You don't ask questions like Alexandria does."

With a weak smile, she knew what the eldest was getting at. The princess did have a love for activities that drifted away from the typical feminine nature of things.

"You should invite her on a hunting trip sometime. That's all she ever wants to do nowadays."

"With what experience? She doesn't even know how to hunt!"

"Because no one has ever taught her", she rebutted quietly. Her decoraters that were busy changing the drapes had a tendency to evesdrop from time to time had no reason to hear the conversation. The ears of the servants were drawn to gossip, like a moth attracted to the flame. It was already looked down upon that Keyara was being seen with the next King of Capricorn more than not. Her purity was being questioned because of it, though she wasn't aware of the rumors. "If you take her out for just one day, even if it were only an hour, just to teach her how to use a bow and arrow, she would greatly respect you for it."

"You're kind, Keyara", his hazel eyes smiled with a voice that matched her tone. "But hunting is no place for a lady. Since she arrived late for dinner when The Duke of Lavern was over, she has not had a  good reputation. I don't need the kingdom thinking they have a savage for a princess."

Keyara recalled the day clearly, the princess's dress covered in mud from the knee down. "I think she just wants to have a sense of duty. That is one of the Capricorn Virtues, right?"

"Her sense of duty is to marry a respectable man and bare a child with his name. If she doesn't want to do that, then she doesn't respect our virtues."

For a moment, Giovanni could see a look of surprise and disappointment in her brown eyes. He shook his head, to put aside the harsh tone of his words and looked to her fondly. "Alexandria can learn a lot from you. With your Virgian background and eye for beauty, I'm certain you can evoke something... feminine... inside her."

With a gentle kiss to the back of her hand, he said his goodbyes and stated his eagerness to see how the new drapes would look when he returned. Keyara only rolled her eyes before seeing the nosey looks of her servants. She rushed them to hurry their tasks, and retreated to meet Alexandria.

The castle was undergoing major changes in decor. The Capricorn Castle was very much modest and simple in design; definetly not one for lavish parties or events. The people of this country were very conservative from the way they dressed to what was in their homes. The people never outdid themselves or overdressed. For someone like Keyara who was raised in a country where women and men prided themselves with the most beautiful of adornments, this would not do. She insisted on having the kingdom redone with a new set of clothing and fabrics for the royal family to wear. Alexandria's dress was supposed to be fitted this afternoon.