Chapter 7

PLEASE READ A/N AT END!!!

"Heather?" Hiccup said, suddenly looking panicked. "Your brother, he isn't here is he?"

"No." Heather said, causing Hiccup to calm down drastically. "Your dad suffocating you again?" She asked, as she sat down at the table with the rest of the gang.

"Yup." Hiccup said flatly, taking another bite of his dwindling sandwich. "Your brother have anything stupid planned for the next week or so?"

"Hold it!" Astrid said, interrupting their conversation. She was getting increasingly confused as questions clouded her head. She didn't even know Heather had a brother! "How do you guys know each other?"

"It's a long story." Heather said easily. "But to shorten it, Hiccup here accidently locked us in a building and we've been friends ever since."

"That was a pretty accurate shortened version of it." Hiccup said thoughtfully. "Your summary skills are getting better."

"Why thank you." Heather replied, before turning back to Astrid. "Hiccup's like a brother to me, the only problem is that my brother Dagger absolutely hates him. Speaking of which, he has been working on something stupid with his friends for the past month, but I don't know what."

Hiccup groaned in complaint, while Astrid looked back and forth between the two of them still confused. "I'm still lost." She said, rubbing her forehead.

"Heather's been like my little sister for the past several years." Hiccup said, "But her real big brother hates my guts so we rarely talk. I didn't even know she went to this school."

Astrid raised an eyebrow and said, "You didn't know she went to this school but it took you less than a day to figure out that I went here?"

Hiccup's eyes widened. "I...um...well..." He stammered out.

Heather interrupted him, saying, "Hiccup, we talked about your creepy stalker tendencies. Do we need to find you a psychiatrist again?"

Hiccup turned bright red causing Astrid to laugh, and fist bump Heather. "Nice one, Heather." She said enthusiastically. "Do enlighten us on what you mean by again."

"I have never had a psychiatrist!" Hiccup exclaimed enthusiastically. "My dad has only threatened to get me one!"

A chorus of laughs echoed around the table, and Astrid couldn't help but wonder why she didn't hang out with Heather more often.

"Oh, and Hiccup," Heather said, her voice getting serious. "Simon's been following me and I think my brother is going to start sending goons to follow me all day as well. He doesn't want to give Alvin or Drago the chance to use me as leverage."

Hiccup stared at Heather in shock for a minute. "Duh, duh, duh, I'm dead." He said sarcastically, throwing his hands in the air. "Sorry about Simon."

"It's nothing I'm not used to." Heather said, waving him off.

Astrid looked back and forth between the two once again beyond confused. "What do you mean 'use you as leverage'?!" Fishlegs exclaimed, his voice an octave higher than usual.

"It's nothing." Heather repeated, waving Fishlegs off.

Astrid raised an eyebrow in disbelief, before turning to Hiccup. "Hiccup, what are you doing?" Astrid asked, seeing him standing to leave.

Hiccup rubbed his forehead. "I'm off to find my glorified babysitter now that your lunch is almost over." He said sarcastically. "See you later, I've got a long to-do list to finish."