[7]

A/N: Okay so I don't know how the Japanese police system works and I was too lazy to do research. So I used my limited American knowledge which was mostly formed by cop shows so I sincerely apologize. Regardless I hope you enjoy this chapter, things should start getting interesting.

•••

-3rd Person POV-

Izaya and Shinra find themselves stuck in a jail cell, the police are only able to hold them for a certain amount of time but they planned on keeping them there for all of it. Izaya sits on the uncomfortable bed and leans back. Shinra sits down in the corner and leans his head back against the wall.

"Well on the bright side we have more time to talk now," Shinra smiles at Izaya.

Izaya glares at him. "I will stab you."

"They checked us for weapons."

Izaya smirks. "They didn't look everywhere."

Shinra rolls his eyes and thinks of nicer thoughts, like Celty and Celty, did I mention Celty? About a half an hour later someone else gets shoved inside the cell with them. Both men look on the newcomer in shock.

"Shizuo?" Shinra questions.

None other than Shizuo looks up to see them he glances over at Izaya in disgust.

"Why are you here?" He asks venomously.

"It's a new hang out spot, all the kids are doing it," Izaya says in full sarcasm but doesn't make eye contact with him.
Shizuo continues to glare at him and Shinra feels the alert to lessen the tension.

"It was a misunderstanding, why are you here Shizuo?" Shinra asks.

Shizuo finally diverts his attention. "Some punk and his buddies jumped me and after I beat them up, the ringleader's father is some sort of big shot so I'm stuck here until Tom bales me out."

"Awe, you poor child," Izaya mocks, still refusing to look Shizuo in the face.

The blonde man clenches his fists and Shinra tries to intervene once again.

"Uh, why don't we try to get along while we have cameras on us," Shinra says looking at the security cameras.

"Fine, we just won't talk then," Izaya says.

Shizuo just grunts and sits up against the wall across from Izaya as to be far away from him but still keep an eye on him. The tension between the two was almost unbearable for poor Shinra but luckily for him fifteen minutes later an officer came to get him. The officer was followed by Tom but when Shizuo tried to leave he was stopped.

"Sorry, Celty gave me the money to get Shinra but you guys need to figure things out for the sake of my sanity and the survival of the city," Tom says.

The cell door closes and the two are left alone.

"Your friend really screwed you over," Izaya smirks.

Shizuo huffs. "He's been complaining about me being in a bad mood and getting in more fights than usual."

Izaya almost laughs at this but then wonders what is bothering the temperamental blonde. He thinks it couldn't possibly be him since Shizuo has probably been more than happy to have him out of his life. They stay silent for a few more minutes until Shizuo speaks up.

"Look, I will never talk to you again like you want if you tell me why," Shizuo says standing up looking directly at Izaya.

"Why what?" Izaya asks.

"Why did you end our feud, after all this time?"

"Maybe I just hate you so much, I can't stand the very sight of you."

"So just trying to kill me is not enough?"

Izaya's smirk fades slightly. "Evidently."

"Lier," Shizuo says.

"Excuse me?"

"You're lying to me, just tell me the truth," Shizuo starts to get irritated.

Izaya rolls his eyes and finally makes eye contact with him. "I don't care about killing you anymore, that's it. It's time for me to move on from you Shizu-chan."

Izaya leans back against the wall and closes his eyes, considering the conversation over but Shizuo isn't have it. The tall blonde walks over and stands directly above Izaya. The smaller man opens one eye and fights the urge to push the other man away.

"Since when do you get to decide when it's over?" Shizuo asks with a playfully malicious tone.

"Grow up Shizuo, neither of us were ever going to be able to kill the other. And accepting that means that we have no reason to interact ever again," Izaya closes his eyes once more hoping that Shizuo will go away.

"I think there is a reason."

Izaya then feels lips on his and his eyes open in shock to see Shizuo kissing him. Shizuo pulls away and as soon as he does the door to the cell opens.

"Izaya Orihara, your bale was posted," the officer says and motions for Izaya to follow.

Izaya gets up quickly and does not look back. The officer takes him out where his items are returned to him and to meet who paid for him to get out. Which happened to be none other than his sisters.

"Why did you two help me?" Izaya asks confused.

"We thought it would be nice if you owed us a favor," Mairu says.

Kururi nods in agreement and Izaya just rolls his eyes and walks away. As memories come back to him of a few minutes prior and he feels his face heat up. He curses himself for feeling that way and how fast his heart was beating when Shizuo kissed him.