IT WAS OFFICIAL, WILL BYERS WAS NOT AT SCHOOL.

    Alycia had driven past the middle school and saw no sign of Will anywhere. She saw Lucas, Dustin, and Mike, but not Will. Alycia didn't see Will's bike either which meant something serious was wrong, and she couldn't have driven to Hawkins High fast enough. 

    She came into school with a slight frown on her face, clutching her books to her chest as she checked to make sure her small scrunchie was still holding her hair in place (Alycia had opted for the half-up, half down hairstyle today). She was so drowned her thoughts and theories about Will that she didn't even notice Nancy and Barb come up to her. 

    "Hey Alycia," Barb's voice had scared Alycia, causing her to jump and look behind her. Plus, this whole Will thing was putting Alycia a bit on the edge.

    "Hey Barb," Alycia weakly smiled before she looked over at Nancy. "Hey Nance." The trio went up to Alycia's locker and Alycia entered her combination, opening her locker swiftly before glancing back at the two girls. "Hey, do you guys think you could let me borrow your English notes from today? I'm taking off after Chem." 

    Nancy looked confused. "What? Why?" she asked, narrowing her eyebrows slightly. "Why are you taking off after Chem?" 

    Alycia gulped. "Uh. . .reasons." 

    Barb smirked slightly, tilting her head to the side. "Is little miss Alycia Ross going to cut class for someone named Steve Harrington?" Alycia almost choked on her own spit. If Alycia had water in her mouth, she probably would've done a major spit take.

    Alycia shook her head. "No Barb, it's not like that, trust me." 

    "But come on, you guys went on a date!"

    Alycia shook her head, trying to get the memory of the date with Steve out of her head. After she rejected him the first time, Steve hadn't let up, and Alycia knew he wasn't going to. So, she agreed to go one one date with him only to shut him up. The date had actually gone better than Alycia had expected, but that still didn't mean she wanted another. Steve was a major asshole and an even bigger player, why he was even interested in her, Alycia would never know. It's not like they had exactly ever talked before. 

    "I only did that to get him to stop asking me for one," she explained to Barb for the like millionth time. Barb was convinced that Alycia had a legit thing for Steve. "Me and him are never going to happen." 

    Barb only laughed. "If you say so." She laughed again, leaning up the side of a locker. "All I'm saying is that if you guys do date, you better still hang out with Nance and I. If you become friends with Tommy H. or Carol--"

    "Yuck, stop right there." Alycia said, laughing as she shook her head, now trying to get the thought of being friends with Tommy and Carol out of her head. "I'm telling you both it was a one time thing, not going to happen again." 

   Barb went on to begin rambling how Alycia was just in denial and how Steve and her were meant for each other, but Alycia focused her attention to a piece of paper sticking out from under her Chemistry textbook. Frowning, Alycia opened the note and read it. Meet me in the bathroom -Steve. Quickly she stuffed the note into the front pocket of her sweater and shut her locker gently. So much for a one time thing. 

  —   

ALYCIA TURNED AND ENTERED THE GIRLS BATHROOM, only to see Steve Harrington standing there with his arms crossed and his back up against the wall, his usual smirk on his face. Alycia rolled her eyes at his smirk, but that only made him smirk harder. He loved when girls played hard to get.

    "You came." Steve said, his voice tinted with shock. 

    Alycia shook her head, she wasn't going to give him that satisfaction. "I didn't come for you. I have to pee." she stated, beginning to walk past him before he stepped out in front of her, stopping her in her path. 

     Ignoring her, Steve continued to smirk.  "Lets do something tonight." 

    "Can't." replied Alycia briskly, crossing her arms as she let out a small huff of annoyance. She brushed past Steve, her shoulder coming in contact with his chest.

    "Man, you really love playing this hard to get thing don't you?" 

    Alycia shot a glare, mirroring his own smirk with her own. "It's not playing hard to get Steve." Alycia huffed. "It's called being not interested." Steve circled his mouth into an 'o' shape, acting like Alycia's words had hurt his ego or something when in reality, it just made him bring on the charm even more. 

    "Ouch, first time I've heard that before." Steve replied, watching Alycia go into a stall and shut the door. "You know Alycia, I'm impressed of how well you're fighting the urge to make out with me." 

     Alycia came out of the stall, wondering why Steve was still here. As she crossed her arms, ready to leave the bathroom - figuring she could pee later - she rolled her eyes over at Steve again. "Bite me Harrington." 

    Steve laughed, amused by their banter. "You know I gladly would Ross."

    Alycia just shook her head and began to walk out of the bathroom, wondering why she even bothered coming. Alycia had no interest in him so why did she keep coming back to him? "But seriously Steve, I can't hang out tonight. I have to study for Kaminsky's test."

    "Isn't your GPA like 3.999999. . ." Steve said, causing them both to stifle out a small laugh.

    "Kaminsky's tests are impossible and you know it." Alycia retorted back. 

    Steve shrugged. "So I'll help you study." 

    Alycia laughed at his absolutely ludicrous idea. "Didn't you fail Chem?"

    He shrugged again. "C-minus." He said, like it was no big deal, and to him - it wasn't. All that mattered right now to him was Alycia. 

    Alycia bit her lip softly. "I still don't know Steve." She let out a soft sigh, looking at Steve who was trying to give her major puppy dog eyes right now. And as much as Alycia hated to say it, those puppy dog eyes were working on her. "Fine, you can come over at like eight." she paused. "But just so you know, this is not a date."

    Steve smirked, going along with it, but he knew that somehow, everything that he had planned with Alycia was falling into place. It was only a matter of time.

    "Okay Ross, this isn't a date." 

  —   

muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa so much sexual tension between steve and alycia aye but look at my cutie jonathan being so sweet and caring to her. where can i find my jonathan byers lmao????

sorry it took me so long to write this. i went on vacay and only had my phone so sorry if some of it's utter shit bc i wrote some of it on there. please remember to vote and comment!! i love to hear your feedback on what you think <33

word count | 1856 words